Rear door issue

Aidy06

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

My partners 07 plate sportback has something wrong with the rear passenger door and I was wondering if anybody had encountered this same problem?

I unlock the car with the remote, hear all locks unlock, all doors open apart from rear passenger side. It feels locked when I try the handle, nothing out of the ordinary with the handle as it still feels the same as all the others. It opens from inside and once opened from inside, it will open from outside over and over until locked again with remote - then you need to open from inside again. Kind of annoying since it’s where the babyseat is.

Any info/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I got a secondhand lock from ebay and fitted it, mine did exactly like you are describing

Reactions: Aidy06
I got a secondhand lock from ebay and fitted it, mine did exactly like you are describing

Cheers mate. Have you got a link for the one that I need? Also, how easy was it to change?

Worth having a look at the little adjuster under the bung in the door jamb not the child lock just in case the door or lock is slightly out of line. Nothing to lose other than five minutes work but could save a new lock. Fingers crossed for you

If it is simple enough ( and I don't know ) could be worth sttipping down to check all is ok as there has to be a reason for it doing that and just putting new in might solve the problem but what if it reoccurs will you just buy again

Both my rear locks done the same, fixed mine by drilling a small hole in the lock and injecting some lubricant I'll see if I can find the video I used