1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Active Spoiler Retro fit ??? possible ???

b11mey Sep 21, 2018

1. b11mey

b11mey New Member

ok guys as you can tell im a noob and yes ive posted some reply etc but ive had my beast almost a year and im still living the dream. one of the main reasons i bought the RS3 was i saw the audi sport concept way back the one with the LED air brake and wow what a good looking car.
    ive been a fan of the rear active spoiler for a while, my first audi 3.2TT then i grew up when i had my R8... so now im wondering is it possible to retro fit something on the new 2017 saloon?
    can't see anything and yes before i get more complaints or gripes i love the styling now but how cool would it be to have the magic tail rise and fall !!!! :)

good or bad id like to hear opinions or if people have considered it or even attempted

gx

Spaceman_RS3 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Slowracer

Slowracer Active Member

I don’t think it would suit the nature or style of the car and probably wouldn’t add any functionality.

4. b11mey

b11mey New Member

i agree that its maybe not the right mod and its not really for function but for a Holy **** look at that kinda reaction lol and im a child and like to see it coming up :)

5. Slowracer

Slowracer Active Member

6. b11mey

b11mey New Member

thank you for that... the reason i fell in love with the saloon is that car lol
    that being said im not going for the air brake look with lights but in going to fit a A7 active spoiler. ive got the parts so i will post pics as the project evolves..
    just going to be fun to see if i can get it to work lol 15759DEF-FB71-466E-A9F0-49FFEE970BD4.jpg

7. Phil3

Phil3 Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS3 Saloon

Interested to see how you get on here mate... keep us updated and plenty of photos :icon thumright:

8. b11mey

b11mey New Member

will do.. ive got the bits just have to get my superglue and masking tape :)

does anyone know if active spoiler control is embedded into the system or different for each model if you get what i mean.?

ill be starting next week with a mock up etc. going to take a while to size and get the angles right.

Phil3 likes this.
  9. b11mey

b11mey New Member

OK so im going to prob get grief lol but i said i was gonna have a go.. and i have.obviously work in progress but .. thoughts all appreciated.. Image-2.png.jpeg

Attached Files:

jimojameso, FBF01 and Phil3 like this.
  10. Phil3

Love what you’re trying here mate :icon thumright: make sure the photos keep coming along the way!

FBF01 likes this.
  11. b11mey

b11mey New Member

will do. ive got a bunch of pics ill upload over the weekend as im having another bash at it. all pretty straight forward atm. just body work . but i need help as i don't weld and then the electrics i think will be the biggest hassle.
    cheers for the positive feedback. i know some purists are not to keen on the idea..

Callump01, Phil3 and FBF01 like this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. jimojameso

jimojameso Active Member Team Nardo Section Mod Audi RS3 TTRS

I love it when people try and do things like this. I also think the clubsport concept with this spoiler looked great. Good luck. Keep us updated with how you get on! :)

14. TYb

TYb Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team Navarra Audi S3

15. Phil3

Same... looks totally different with that kit on

TYb likes this.
  16. Slowracer

Slowracer Active Member

I think that vid is about 4 years old, it’s a shame they didn’t implement the fatter rear end on the rs3

S. and Phil3 like this.
  17. XPOWER

XPOWER Active Member Team Catalunya Audi RS3

Audi fitted an active spoiler to the 2009 RS3 sports-back prototype.
    Didn't have the best look.
    [​IMG]

18. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

Looks more like an air brake!

19. b11mey

b11mey New Member

oh dear that looks orrible