Real MPG for 2.0tdi 140 remap choices - Economy vs power/economy

Bramley

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a quick question really, as above.

What would be the real world MPG gains/losses for the economy remap to say 165-170bhp compared to a more powerful one of 180ish?

Cheers

for diesels im sure iv heard people speak of around 5mpg, and you may aswell just get the higher one.
your right leg chooses your mpg most of the time, not the map!

for diesels im sure iv heard people speak of around 5mpg, and you may aswell just get the higher one.
your right leg chooses your mpg most of the time, not the map!

haha well as much as I agree about the right foot, was just looking for "general" figures

well im under the impression, the more torque you have the better.

if you drive exactly the same after remap, you will just have more torque meaning more mpg? so mayaswell get the highest one.

well im under the impression, the more torque you have the better.

if you drive exactly the same after remap, you will just have more torque meaning more mpg? so mayaswell get the highest one.

175 BHP and 395nm of torque are the figures quoted so should be decent enough.

Sounds like a remap from quantum tuning to me. Had between 50-60mpg out of my TDi with a performance/economy map

Turbo won't last 5 mins at 185hp

If I were you i'd just get it mapped specifically for the car by a custom tuner.

In terms of economy it all depends on how heavy your right foot is, there is more low down torque available after a remap so it is possible to improve economy. When I had my 170 tdi remapped it certainly improved economy by a couple when driving carefully.

Sounds like a remap from quantum tuning to me. Had between 50-60mpg out of my TDi with a performance/economy map

Turbo won't last 5 mins at 185hp

Ye it is a Quantum one. Do you have experience with them?

It wont be at 185bhp, or was that just a general comment ?:unsure:

Yeah had one on my 140 all the time I've owned it. Upto 3k rpm it's in economy mode and after 3k is where the power map comes in.

Never had one complaint. Try it, they have a 30 day money back if your not happy.

Yeah had one on my 140 all the time I've owned it. Upto 3k rpm it's in economy mode and after 3k is where the power map comes in.

Never had one complaint. Try it, they have a 30 day money back if your not happy.

Booked in my local dealer for this sat, what mileage is on your 140? whats turbo nd clutch like?

Had 60k on it when mapped, got 76k now, had a turbo replaced as all 140's do, clutch is still original as far as I know.

Had 60k on it when mapped, got 76k now, had a turbo replaced as all 140's do, clutch is still original as far as I know.

Mine is still on original turbo 115k! My engine was rebuilt at 100k tho but turbo is original IIRC