Re-Trim Costs? Options? A5 Seats into 8P

Dubjam

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Solutions
Reaction score
After sitting in @Ash187 S5 seats yesterday, I really want to get a set in my A3 because the lumber support is like a gift from god!

So weighing up the options. Im a stickler for symmetry so I want the front seats the match the rears, so the only options I can see is

1, Buy S5 Interior (or just fronts) and have the front seats retrimmed to A3 Nappa

2, Buy S5 interior and swap rear seat fabric over to my A3 seats - but not sure if this will fit properly or leave 'saggy' areas

3. Retrim the 8P rears to S5 leather/design

Are there any retrimmers on here, or anyone have any ideas of the prices for retrimming the fronts (or indeed the 8p rears)

As i had said yesterday you can have the a5 rears swapped over to the A3 frames which sit very snug! remember the a5 is slightly wider than the A3 so you won't get any saggy areas.
We did the same on @Digzz 3 door A3 and it looked perfect.il try and dig up a pic of his seats

Ah I was shattered dude, all i remember was how my back felt in the A5 seat :)

If you have some photos that would be ace, as this is would be a definite when I find some A5 seats at a decent price

Now its the mission to find some heated rears :)

@Ash187 when you say swap over the frames - do you mean just change the skins, or the cushions and skins? are you sure this wont look off factory?

Ok, ill trust you. I will go on the hunt. :)

Sorry for jumping in thread but this is something I like the sound of and I presume a seats from a 3door A5 for a 3door A3 and sportback to sportback

the three door has the handles to lift up, the five door dosent, so yes like for like, the sportback should the same as 5 door ones.

Ob