Random Dash Messages

1oldaudi

Reaction score
Hello
been awhile since Ive posted but:
Has anyone had random messages pop up on the dash at all warning of weather and driving conditions?
Ive had 3 that appear and then vanish within a few seconds. On 3 separate occasions Ive had:
Fog Patches: Drive with Caution
Rain: Danger of skidding: Drive with Caution
Ice:Danger of Skidding: Drive with Caution

I can find no reference to these online or in the manual. i cannot recall them once they vanish an I can only imagine they link into the weather reports somehow?
Anyone else seen these?

Perhaps you have select the current weather conditions for the area you are in. Menu, audi connect, weather...

Perhaps you have select the current weather conditions for the area you are in. Menu, audi connect, weather...
I should really read the manual, no idea that was even possible!

TX.

Reactions: cosmicblue
We are men - we don't read manuals (unless really desperate) because if it's any good it will be intuitive...not something the B9's MMI could ever be named.

Reactions: Philio
I once saw “warning, breakdown ahead”

Wasn’t certain if it meant me or not.....

I vaguely remember something about "swarm technology" in the manual. If other drivers ahead of you have their wipers or fog lights on, this data is sent over the mobile network as a warning of upcoming hazards. Clever stuff.

Anyone who thinks it not manly to read a manual is either foolish or irresponsible.
I have a screendump here:
Screenshot 20190220 093855

Its under Audi Connect, Infotainment...

Page 271 - "Switching hazard alerts on/off" may also be relevant..

Got a "restricted visibility" warning this evening, first time it's happened. It was misty too, so that's some clever stuff going on.

Nice, never happened to me but every now and again I get some funny POI messages "Warning, Museum".

You need to watch out for those darned museums, they can wreak havoc ;-)