Radio Code...

Ianski68

Reaction score
Toatal Audi noob lol. i dont have a radio code for my car radio. i am guessing it will have one and that at some point i will require it! Is this a trip to an Audi dealer?

Dos went to Audi's. They told me the codes change so they don't issue them. What I have to do is wait till the code is required and then take it in to Audi to have it re set. Not sure if I believe this or not!
Thoughts anyone.

I was led to believe the radio is coded to your cars ECU, so the 2 will work together without you having to input a code.

I was led to believe the radio is coded to your cars ECU, so the 2 will work together without you having to input a code.

I don't think so. When you go onto you tube people have the stereo unit on a bench to show how it works. Also one on there and he enters a code. Also on eBay you can buy the head unit as sold with a code. So not really sure. Would love some definitive advice.

I doubt the code changes, I've got the card for mine and there's only one code on it for the HU. Every other car I've had has only had one code too, I think the guy at audi is talking rubbish, most dealers charge around £25 for a copy of the carpass with the codes on it.

I doubt the code changes, I've got the card for mine and there's only one code on it for the HU. Every other car I've had has only had one code too, I think the guy at audi is talking rubbish, most dealers charge around £25 for a copy of the carpass with the codes on it.

My old Vauxhall had a car pass with various codes etc on it. That's what I was expecting but sadly no. I have to take the car there and book it in for them to re code it. All sounds wrong to me as well.

I've never heard of a HU being coded to the ecu, seems a bit overkill for what it is.

This is mine for example

b07f06ecb45c9609119309b858ee6af3.jpg

My old Vauxhall had a car pass with various codes etc on it. That's what I was expecting but sadly no. I have to take the car there and book it in for them to re code it. All sounds wrong to me as well.
Yeah, I'd look into it further before Audi bend you over lol

Just had a quick Google search and apparently all Audi HU's are matched to the instrument cluster so if you call Audi with the VIN number they should be able to give you the radio code.

Reactions: madstaff
I must have it wrong then.

But i have disconnected my battery to fit a new one and never had to input any codes.

Your radio must be a different unit than the one it left the factory with. http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/radio-code.118261/

Check out this YouTube clip. He has it on a bench to wire up a iPod device. It's not connected to the car and he enters a pass code. This is head unit I have in my car.. What I will say is that on my VW touran you can turn the pass code off so as when power loss you don't need to re enter code.

Ok. That all makes sense to me..... Thank you so much guys. Help much appreciated.