Radio Code. . .

VAG-Slag

Reaction score
Berkshire, Surry, Hampshire tri-intersect
I have the original "concert sound system operating instructions" but the radio card has nothing written in it :think:

Is there anywhere else the radio card would be written or is there any way of getting hold of it?

Thanks

Think you can take it to audi to do. I know witb ford i managed to find a website which decodes it using the serial number on the back

My radio code is written on the handover form from when car was delivered to first owner. Check that of you have it

audi will do it
some charge some dont

Thanks gents... I'll tell you my problem, I need to reset fault codes for my MOT on Tuesday morning so just going to disconnect the battery as I don't have VAG-Com. Providing I pass my MOT I'll pop into Audi after, hopefully they wont charge, I'll let you know the results.

Thanks

depending on the faults you have
takeing the battery off may not clear the lights
also if its the radio that came with the car it may not go into safe mode as the car rembers the radio

depending on the faults you have
takeing the battery off may not clear the lights
also if its the radio that came with the car it may not go into safe mode as the car rembers the radio

Air bag mate... Going to try and trick the ECU into thinking the air bag is functional with a resistor then reset the ECU. Still original HU, think i know the impedance the air bag should be, just gotta work out how the air bag connector works!?!?! :mad:

do you know why the bag light is on ?
if its under the seat no resistor needed just chop plugs out and reconnect
batt disconect wont reset the bag light

Mine says on the inside of the audio handbook, "audi will provide the radio code free of charge" or something along those lines.
They tried chraging me £20 for the code, then i rubbed the handbook in the service managers face.

do you know why the bag light is on ?
if its under the seat no resistor needed just chop plugs out and reconnect
batt disconect wont reset the bag light

yea, it looks like the air bag in the drivers seat has actually deployed at some point, which is odd seeing as i know for a fact the only bit of the car to of had paint is the passenger side rear qtr. . . chop the plugs out and reconnect to what? just connect the wires together to complete the circuit? And are you saying i'll need VAG-com to reset air bag light then?

Mine says on the inside of the audio handbook, "audi will provide the radio code free of charge" or something along those lines.
They tried chraging me £20 for the code, then i rubbed the handbook in the service managers face.

yea, mine says that too but it's a 12 year old quote at the end of the day, I wasn't gonna take it for gospel!

yea, it looks like the air bag in the drivers seat has actually deployed at some point, which is odd seeing as i know for a fact the only bit of the car to of had paint is the passenger side rear qtr. . . chop the plugs out and reconnect to what? just connect the wires together to complete the circuit? And are you saying i'll need VAG-com to reset air bag light then?

no i ment if it was the common fault
but dont sound like it with yours
u really need it scanning even if you repair it you will need vcds to turn light off

Try looking on the VCDS map in the stickies, might be someone close by? I'm using VCDS Lite as I'm trialling it before I pay for a licensed version. Sadly I'm in Portsmouth so it's a fair old way to come to you fella I'm afraid :sadlike:

I've reset fault codes using VCDS Lite, but not sure about airbag light? If anyone local as an OBD II cable, just download VCDS-Lite and you can do it for free

im sheffield
you only get a fine for no MOT no points
see the bag night not have gone off then it will be an half hours job to sort
also if you are booked in at a garage for a repair you can drive with no MOT only to that garage

im sheffield
also if you are booked in at a garage for a repair you can drive with no MOT only to that garage

Good point - Also police ANPR's do not check for MOT, it only checks insurance and tax. They don't register for MOT as car has to have MOT for Tax so they don't bother. Only time they check is when they can be bothered.
However, if you have an accident, and the cause of the accident is put down to something that would of been picked up in an MOT then you could have some trouble on your hands.... try proving that though after your car's been through an accident!

wrong police and roadside ANPR do check mot
iv been pulled for it many a time

Try looking on the VCDS map in the stickies

I've reset fault codes using VCDS Lite, but not sure about airbag light? If anyone local as an OBD II cable, just download VCDS-Lite and you can do it for free

Thanks mate... couldn't see where this VCDS map you talk of is, am i just being stupid!? Worst case scenario I'll buy my own cable and use VCDS-lite but I've just got back in the country from a long trip away and need to get back to work ASAP so can't really afford to wait about for a blasted cable!

im sheffield

the bag's deffo gone off, there's a crack in the door card and i can see where he's just stuffed the bag back in the seat and glued the flap back. nice thought tho!

Good point - Also police ANPR's do not check for MOT, it only checks insurance and tax.

again, good thinking but the cars currently SORN... Can't tax without MOT, no tax = invalid insurance. You can see where i'm goin with this, catch a copper on a bad day and I'll have the book thrown at me

No tax doesn't invalidate insurance, you're allowed to drive to an MOT and back (if it fails) without Tax or MOT, but must have insurance.

"Driving an untaxed vehicle to an MOT test

You can drive your vehicle to and from a pre-arranged test at an MOT test station as long as you have adequate insurance cover.
This also applies to vehicles being driven to and from a pre-arranged test at:

• a Vehicle Inspection Check (VIC) test station
  • an approved weight testing station and reduced pollution test station"

See link below, half way down the page.

Insurance and MOT needed to tax your vehicle : Directgov - Motoring

After all this flapping about, I've just spoken to a mate who's an MOT tester, turns out having the air bag light on isn't a fail yet :banghead: apparently it will be introduced at some point this year.

Thanks for all your input, wish me luck for my MOT tomorrow morning!