Radio Code Audi

S3mad

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Hi all ,

when i had my audi down for the repair for the rust on the roof rails ,

they reset the stereo and i lost the code which i didnt have audi took the car in and reset this and gave me the code . Well since then i have just taken a few bits off my car and replaced and the code they gave me doesnt work ??:banghead:

yeah true just a pain in the ***

take out the radio on top of the unit you will see a barcode sticker, it will be the last digits on the barcode.it worked for me i lost my code so went to the steelers and a friendly man in the shop told me that is where the code is....result!!:):)

Audi are suppose to give you the code for free anyways, it's written on the part where the code is on.

Excuse the pic quality.
11102006169.jpg

Last edited:
take out the radio on top of the unit you will see a barcode sticker, it will be the last digits on the barcode.it worked for me i lost my code so went to the steelers and a friendly man in the shop told me that is where the code is....result!!:):)

is this pure fluke or actually true?

Sorry boys this going to be a bit longer as I have a lil story:

I had a coolant temp gauge problem since I bought my 2001 A4 Avant B6 1.9tdi, and instead of reparing the clock for £160 I managed to get my hand on a used working one, with minimum mileage difference. I knew I couldn't do the swap as the immobilizer is involved and need sync so I went to the an Audi dealer.
I already had the quote for the sync, but I have done the actual fitting to save some money, so I went down to the dealer where they said it is not a problem, just do the swap at the rear carpark, and they will push the car into the shop, as you know you cant move it if you do this.
I didnt thought that would cause so much trouble:
When they handed back the car, the radio was on safe mode, so without leaving the yard went back and asked them whats going on.
They said that they have done what I asked for, and they said It was my fault as I reconnected the battery... I told them that is impossible, as I have done it several times in the past (ie last week, when I had to take the dashboard out to get the exact part no) and when I reconnected the battery everything was working fine. They said that I must have left the ignition on when I removed the battery, which is ridicoulus as I never work on the car with the key in the ignition. I used to work in the trade for few years so I got a bit of routine how I do things, specially if it is my car...
Anyway, I had a little dispute with the service manager, as they wanted to charge my extra £30 for the code...and at the end we agreed that I will pay the price because then this code could be used forever agterward, and I am planning to get an iPod cable fit in by myself later on, so I will need it then anyway.

Now here comes the best: after 35 min of waiting (the sync was 20 instead of 30 as they said) the sales girl came back that they are very sorry, but they are unable to remove the radio unit, probably something had been broken previously so they dont want to do any damage, but they would need the number from the back to get the code...
I said I will have a go strip it and get the number, they can get the code for me.
But, the girl said they will need my car and both my keys to do the de-coding...

So because I wanted a new radio anyway, as this one's buttons were buthcered by the previous owner I went on ebay and got one with the code for a faor price. With the new radio came the handbook as well, and I took the liberty and made a proper picture of the back of the card...

DSC01408.jpg

DSC01409.jpg

My recommendation: this radio code charging is a bit rip off. I used to work in the trade for a short time of period (2 yr), and these things always disgusted me... So anyone having this sort of problem, just give them a call, or go down to the nearest dealer and if anyone wants to charge you just grab them to next car in the show room pull out the manual and rub it into their face!!! (Althouhg it is a bit absurd that this message is happens to be on the back of the code card itself... ****** lawyers...)

About this radio code on the actual radio, that was the first thing I have done when the new radio came, knowing the code I went through the whole radio around but could not find the code on any of the barcode.
Any example with pics more than welcome!!!

if you don't want to pay the dealership prices you can get Audi decodes online from here but you need the serial number beginning with AUZ. > www.onlineradiocodesco.uk only a quarter of the price of the dealership and can be done online.