Questions for golfing S3 owners

S3 Johnny

The grass isn't always greener
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I’m starting my search for an S3 but not sure if to go sports back or saloon.

As for looks I love them both

But I play golf so would be nice to fit my clubs in the back with my electric trolley.

I’ve got a motocaddy M3 pro so folds up nicely and a cart bag. Which all fits in my bmw 3 series saloon easily after taking my woods out the bag.

Does your clubs and trolly fit in your S3??

Thanks all

Is the boot in an S3 different to an A3?

I play golf and my bag fits in my 3 door A3 but I need to take my driver out.

I don't use an electric trolley. I use a push trolley that I usually keep in the shed at my club. It will fit in the boot with a squeeze. I doubt an electric trolley would fit, especially with a big trolley bag.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and S3 Johnny
Is the boot in an S3 different to an A3?

I play golf and my bag fits in my 3 door A3 but I need to take my driver out.

I don't use an electric trolley. I use a push trolley that I usually keep in the shed at my club. It will fit in the boot with a squeeze. I doubt an electric trolley would fit, especially with a big trolley bag.
Depends if said A3 has Quattro, I believe, that any A3 model or variant, if it has Quattro, loses 20-25 litres boot space.
Might be wrong though

Reactions: S3 Johnny
I would think you could get them into a saloon boot, it's surprisingly large. You may have to put the back seats down I suppose. I have got a motor mower in my boot, so I would think your cart would go in.
Or you could put the cart in the boot and the clubs on the back seat.
Just take them down to your local dealer and try it out.

I have a Sportback Quattro - soon to be S3 Sportback (Due end Nov ). I find it easier to drop 1/3 of the back seats and it happily takes electric trolley bag + powakaddy trolley, without removing clubs from the bag. I do pull out the rear parcel shelf - so not sure it would all fit in the saloon.
Roll on November - can't come soon enough

In my S3 Saloon plus Motocaddy I need to fold down 40% of the back seats and put the clubs straight through with the cart to one side in the boot.
Height isn't an issue at all.

Hatch back is lighter and faster and got more headroom in the back.

Depends how small your trolley folds down.

Here is my S3 Sportback boot with full size bag (minus woods), then with Power Caddy trolley. No need to fold any seats down.

Full Size bag.... it is a tight squeeze across the very back of the boot width wise, but just fits in...obviously plenty of room if diagonal or if at the front of the boot if you dont need to put anything else in there. I have had 2 full size bags and 2 kids golf bags in the boot all at once.

All without pulling the boot apart/ dropping seats or loosing the parcel shelf - security / noise wise.

778C1DF2 2643 4F87 A752 D6F9973B2C70

Then with full size trolley in boot....

B7C4494D B544 4F67 970C 41AC18E1B62E

Jungle

Reactions: AL_B and S3 Johnny