Quattro

Its 60 rear 40 front .

And it's quattro not Quattro :wink:

Reactions: Sandra and xpoweruk
I recently bought a quattro and you cant half feel the difference. I use to have a 2.0tdi none quattro and you could feel it pull when putting my foot down but with the quattro it just glides along effortlessly when accelerating and is so responsive.

Reactions: xpoweruk
It's not 60/40 either. It puts the power to the wheels with better traction. For instance if you pull away and have a lot of torque, physical forces will lift the front of the car. So you could have 100% power to the rear wheels.

It's not 60/40 either. It puts the power to the wheels with better traction. For instance if you pull away and have a lot of torque, physical forces will lift the front of the car. So you could have 100% power to the rear wheels.

No, it can't distribute 100% of the power in one direction on this platform :

The quattro permanent four-wheel drive system uses the latest Torsen T-3 centre differential, with a default 40:60 front to rear asymmetric torque distribution ratio (used first on the B7 RS4) as standard. (Previous A4 quattro models split torque with a default front:rear 50:50). The additional torque bias applied to the rear wheels helps mimic the driving dynamics of rear wheel drive cars.

That clip was taken from an official Audi PDF
It's the same for my A6 C6 facelift

Reactions: xpoweruk
Unless it's a B8.5 which uses the newer crown gear differential, that can put 85% to the rear (and 70% to the front).

Is that maybe why they can't do more than 160mph..? ;)
??

Or they're not petty ;)
If you are going to talk or advise then facts are facts, and it is quattro not Quattro or even Quatro (which I have seen) so I'm with @Gazwould.

In "normal" driving conditions under light load the split is the default 60/40 split. Under hard/wet/slippery "traction limited" conditions is when it changes. Mine will, if pushed put up to 85% to the rear and tail out fun can be had.

Unless it's a B8.5 which uses the newer crown gear differential, that can put 85% to the rear (and 70% to the front).

I think that's only in the S4 and RS4. I dont think any A4 model ever came with quattro sports differential as far as i know.

I know we have different specs at times but Sports Diffs are on RS models as standard and optional on Ss here. Not on others.