quattro clutch change (how long)

jamie226bhp

Reaction score
As per title how long would a clutch and fly change take on a 1.8t quattro, just wondereing so i know how much it should cost

Workshop/garage time for cltch is about 7 hours.
Im glad I did mine! mainly 'cos all the allen/spline bolts were caked in mud would have cost me a fortune the garage picking mud out at £50 + an hour! (£100 = stealer)
The cost of a clutch is a different matter and thread..... your looking at about £500 for new DMF and clutch kit and then there is the labour - ouch!
Pm me if you need any more info ie you want to do it yourself!

ye i think the book time on FWD cars is 4-5hrs, so quattros are bound to be longer.

Dunno if it really takes 2 hours to remove a propshaft though!

can get a clutch and dmf from gsf for £336 and the bloke wants £200 to do it

I am so glad i do my own work !!!

£200 is good for the job as a cash in hand deal i suppose, never really thought about it

but the man reckons the duel mass should be alright, he's an audi tech who set up by himself so he should know about them (hopefully)and funds are tight so if i can get away with just a clutch at either £87 or £133 depending make then i'll sort out a proper setup when funds are there next year but i need to have it working as it's the wife's car

just your local factors.

I called my local place recently and they quoted around 340 for a single mass conversion kit iirc.

just been quoted £497 for the conversion kit, which makes siena's fly ans s4 clutch cheaper unless it's just the clutch gone and not the dmf

still almost cheaper to do the siena conversion, just not sure if it will cause any other problems and will any s4 clutch fit it or would i have to find a specific one, the last thing i want to do is get it and then get a call from the man fitting it saying certain bits are wrong, don't fit etc. anyone actually used one of siena's flywheels and standard s4 clutch as it would put my mind at rest

anyone got one of siena's fly wheels that they haven't fitted and arn't in a rush to put on and can wait for a new one, as my clutch is booked in for tuesday and i can't get hold of him, desperate for one or i'll have to fit the standard setup again