Quattro and tyres

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Evening everyone

had some bad luck with my tyres 2 holes and one nail still in so need to swap the rear 2 tyres

ive got the p zero mo tyres on at the moment on all 4 corners but looking online i can get the same tyres but bmw one for 20 less per tyre. They both have same load index rain and fuel rating only difference is mo is 72db and bmw is 68.
same tread pattern etc will this be fine ?

also as its Quattro do I have to have all 4 the same tread or can I swap to a different brand at the back or front if I move them back as there not even a year old

thanks

Attachments

• 987CECCD-DF7F-4FF0-BF0A-C953E0B9C86E.jpeg
    987CECCD-DF7F-4FF0-BF0A-C953E0B9C86E.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 72
  • 6EFD763E-7A57-4A99-9801-7FA5A4F2D95E.jpeg
    6EFD763E-7A57-4A99-9801-7FA5A4F2D95E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 51
Just had this with my A6 Quattro with wheel alignment at Audi, the car was sold to me 6 months ago with Michelin on the front and P zero’s on the rear,
I question this with Audi uk but apparently the can have 2 different brands on front to back as long as they are the same across the same axle and no more than 2mm different between them all in tyre depths

Just had this with my A6 Quattro with wheel alignment at Audi, the car was sold to me 6 months ago with Michelin on the front and P zero’s on the rear,
I question this with Audi uk but apparently the can have 2 different brands on front to back as long as they are the same across the same axle and no more than 2mm different between them all in tyre depths

think I’m out the 2mm window after a year on the fronts, do you think it would be the same 2mm for the same tyres ? When I got the fronts done after the 100mph winds up north and collecting a big screw from a pubs roof I drove through the garage said 3mm and I’d be fine. It has been fine since.

I was told within 2mm across axle and 3mm front to back.