1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project B7 420-R: 2012 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech As Base Car.

Nollywood Aug 29, 2018

1. Nollywood

Nollywood B7 420-R Avant Team Dakota Team V8 Audi RS6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

Yes, they do.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

Yep, I fully understand but what about an approx timeframe.
    12 months maybe.

4. Nollywood

Nollywood B7 420-R Avant Team Dakota Team V8 Audi RS6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

Honestly Rob, I don’t have one.

I just watch things fall into place as they happen.

5. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

Fair enough.:icon thumright:

6. Just Rob.

Sounds like my approach then, just going with the flow.:yes:

7. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Just need too work out the numberplate situation lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

To be fair (and in Rob's defence) this thread was started a year ago and it seems other than the car (purchased 5 months ago) most stuff was already owned, plus that's only taking into account this thread and not the original b6 project thread which never came to be (years ago).

Fair play if it happens we would love for this and ambitious projects alike to come into fruition just hard to believe when we haven't seen anything yet.

Daniel M likes this.
  9. Pedrödelabongo

Pedrödelabongo York Team Brilliant Black Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

But Mr. Nollywood (bit presumptuous, could be Ms, Miss or Mrs Nollywood!) said that he's bee working abroad and only home every other weekend. As I have done the same, there's not enough time at the weekend to do everything on Her Majesty's list, let alone open the garage doors!

C'mon, give the guy a break!

AvantMike likes this.
  10. Nollywood

Thank you, Pedro. You understand perfectly.

Happily, my contract abroad is over, Friday is my last day. I have booked a ferry crossing this time, as I have to bring back my tools, and a run about I purchased whilst I’ve been away.

Sailing to Holyhead on Friday night. Then a 5 hour drive to my home. My new contact is nights, 4 on and 4 off, so plenty of time with my kids, and the cars.

Jake, you don’t have to believe anything. Folk who know me well, know that my projects ALWAYS get completed.

Updates will be on Instagram.

11. Pedrödelabongo

Hmmm, sounds like the offshore game - platforms of vessels?

It will be good to see the project crack on - things like this are inspirational to others.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Nollywood

Not quite, Pedro.

Tanks.

Sidrick likes this.
  14. Pedrödelabongo

M&E Global?

Going waaaaay off track here.

(See what I did there? )

15. Nollywood

Lol, that’s okay.

Not M&E Global though.

16. Nollywood

Yesterday, I picked up my BCY engine, using my Avant.

It handled the 230kg weight with ease, though I was conscious of the extra drag. And I took corners with care - it’s all too easy to put a side window through.

67 miles later, the engine was unloaded into my storage unit. I’ll be doing the required maintenance - belts, water pump, rigid coolant pipe between oil cooler and block will be replaced with an aluminium BUFKIN version. The plastic original is prone to fracture, due to becoming brittle with heat cycles.

I will be replacing the stock BCY valve covers with BFM ones, after getting them painted in the car’s chosen colour. Coil packs will be replaced with R8 red coilpacks.

All that is currently required is an R&D B6/B7.

17. Nollywood

Pictures from yesterday, collecting the BCY motor:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sidrick likes this.
  18. Nollywood

At last, I have managed to secure a 2002 B6 R&D car. It’s a Denim Blue 1.9 TDI PD 130 Sport Sedan.

This will form the basis of the test rig for my C5 RS6 engine install into my B7 Avant. I will remove the existing 1.9 TDI PD 130, and install my BCY motor. I’m not going to attempt wiring it up in the B6, to get it running. The purpose of the R&D car is solely to get the actual install buttoned up, in terms of the exhaust manifolds, and turbochargers clearing the transmission tunnel.

I’m picking up the car on the 27th. It’s a flight away, and a 5 hour / 300 mile drive back. Should be a fun road trip, as long as it doesn’t break down.

19. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

I'll drive it to you if it's close to me.

How does your seat boot open from the outside??

20. Nollywood

The SEAT logo on the tailgate also serves as the micro switch to release it from the outside.

21. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Knew you was going to say that. So if I go seat boot lid route, I'll not be able to get rid of the seat badge as it's a handle

22. Nollywood

You could fill out the SEAT logo, making it more like a block rather than an “S”, and paint it satin black or colour matched to your car.

Or weld it over completely, then wire the micro switch to a dash mounted button, replacing one of the blanks above your head unit.

Of course, you still have the option of opening the boot / tailgate with the remote.