problems fitting new headlights

S3_Pricey

Reaction score
I had a go at trying to fit my facelift headlights this evening, but when looking at the new units there doesnt appear to be anywhere to connect the moters for adjusting the height of the beam. Has anybody else had this problem? If so how did you manage to solve it?:keule:

The motors connect in the same place as your old pre facelift headlights - if you look at the back of the drivers side headlight, on the right hand side there's a little slotted hole - the motor pushes in there then you turn it to secure it in place.

The old motors are a little too big to turn the full 90 degrees they're supposed to, but i found just pushing it as far round as it will go means they work fine........ until like mine you manage to melt one of the connectors and have to unplug them and set the level yourself. Oh well lol

i still cant figure it out, prob just me being dense, but really doesnt appear to be anywhere for the motor to go...
16022008204.jpg

If you could attempt to point it out in this pic would be a massive help...

Unscrew the bit that says 'r' above it - got my sides wrong lol

are these new headlights?

yeh they are new lights, did aready try to unscrew that bit but wouldnt budge, maybe just not trying hard enough,lol. cheers for the info tho bud:icon_thumright:

They obviously dont look like genuine ones so thats why they are looking different. Normally they would be fitted to the top left corner. The hole and position would be baltantly obvious.