Pre Sense - malfunction and remediation

niccoo

Reaction score
For a few days I have the message on the board: Audi pre sense: currently restricted.

Does anyone know how to fix this anomaly?
The car behaves normally, we did a diagnosis, and there are no operating errors.

Unfortunately, the car is no longer in the warranty, so I ask? it looks like the camera needs to be calibrated. Can anyone confirm this error and how did the problem work? thank you

I did not replace the windscreen, it's the original one on the car. I do not know the cause, I'm trying to figure out how to fix this problem!

As stated, it went away. I guess you've checked the windscreen for any objects impeding the camera's view...

The windscreen is clean, I have checked and nothing prevents the camera from being visible.

Does it just come on for a few seconds or is it permanently there?
Also found this:
"Audi pre sense currently restricted. Restricted sensor vision due to surroundings. See owner’s manual
This message appears if the radar sensor and camera view is obstructed. Clean the sensors and the area around the camera
Audi pre sense: currently restricted. Towing mode
Pre sense rear and the pre sense city braking interventions switch off automatically when the electrical connector in the factory-installed trailer hitch is connected. There is no guarantee the functions will switch off when using a retrofitted trailer hitch.
Audi pre sense: currently restricted
This message appears if the ESC is restricted or switched off
Audi pre sense: currently restricted. See owner’s manual
This message appears when there is a temporary failure in a subsystem, such as the ESC. If this message appears repeatedly, contact your Audi dealer to have the malfunction corrected.
Audi pre sense: emergency braking system off
This message appears if the pre sense functions are switched off through the Infotainment system or if the system is not ready."

Mine has this from time to time, although it's quite rare. I've never had it stay on for long or once the car is turned off and back on again though.

Reactions: cuke2u
Just got a Q7 for a week and for the last 3 "nights" in a row, it is already complaining; "Audi side assist and exit warning: currently unavailable. Sensor vision restricted due to surroundings." Turning the car off completely will reset this error message. Cycling (off/on) Pre Sense and Driver Assist in the MMI does not. Thus far, it seems that this error only pops up during night driving and starting to head downhill. It did snow and rain for the 1st 3 days of the ownership but it has since clear up (street and weather wise) for the last 3 days and nights. The rear bumper "corners" are clean and I even clean the circular indents of the 4 rear ultrasonic sensors, just in case. Of course the dealer had no clue.

Mine has this from time to time, although it's quite rare. I've never had it stay on for long or once the car is turned off and back on again though.
Yes mne did it again this morning, I doubt if this is due to any unusual circumstances just the weather conditions...

I have had this on the odd occasion - always sorts itself out after 5 or 10 minutes. The system doesn’t seem to like twilight. Other than that I wonder if it is condensation on the window or something?

Reactions: cuke2u
Ice on the windscreen can do it, it's so rare, about once a year, it's barely worthwhile mentioning it:
"Functions may be restricted or unavailable in situations such as the fol-Lowing: -Heavy fog, rain, road spray or snow. -Impaired visibility, e.g. adverse or changing light conditions or reflections. -In the dark. -If the camera window or the vehicle's wind-screen is dirty, frosted, damaged or cov-ered. -When driving on snow, ice or Loose surfaces. -When driving through a corner. "

Reactions: WesT-gefül