Potential purchase of 2018 A3 saloon - missing sd card.

alictait

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

as the title says, when you click the Nav, it says that the sd card is missing, looks like sat nav is enabled though - what’s the best way to get an SD Card ? Also what does this mean for future updates ?

Car is ex lease and bought from a dealer, just not Audi, but about 5k cheaper than it would cost from them, so I think it could be worth pursuing.

Thanks for any help

Lots of threads on this if you search. It’s going to cost hundreds of pounds. How many depends on the car.

Make an offer subject to them supplying the card within that price. I thought all 2016’s onward had nav as standard

Thanks for the replies, it looks as though the NAV is defo installed as it just says that the card is missing, was hoping that it was as easy as buying one of the cheapo's off ebay.

I was planning on negotiating accordingly, however like I say, its already competitively priced so just wanted to be aware of the implications.

if the vehicle is a 2014 then a 2014 SD card should work, however a 2013/2014 or 2014/2015 won't. You can find out for sure which card is needed if you visit someone like myself and have us connect up in order to see which licences you have. Person will need the official VW Group service tool. If in or can get to north London I can assist for £35.00.

Its a 2018 car i'm looking at in Scotland. I'd only go down that road if I actually bought the car. Thank you though.

@DJAlix are you able to provide and install the latest map update to our 2015 a3 (with the 15 map already activated and working) and if so what do you charge for that service, assuming that I come to you.

@DJAlix are you able to provide and install the latest map update to our 2015 a3 (with the 15 map already activated and working) and if so what do you charge for that service, assuming that I come to you.
Hi there, would need a VIN number to quote. Contact via https://www.vagcarcoding.com/contact_us/ and I will get pricing. I don't offer a mobile service at this time unfortunately.

IMO the maps package from Audi isn’t great, I’d much prefer to use tomtom or Waze via CarPlay.

in my experience the Audi maps/nav is pretty unresponsive to changes in traffic conditions and doesn’t do a great job of picking the optimum routes.

Could you not just use car play for satnav?
Not if the OP has an Android phone he couldn't. :D

It's ok I understand what you mean.....just don't get peoples preoccupation with Apple phones.

Reactions: GeoffT, KenL, cuke2u and 1 other person
On this subject am I right in thinking that the SD card is coded to the car so will be useless in any other car....so there would no point removing it in the first place?

On this subject am I right in thinking that the SD card is coded to the car so will be useless in any other car....so there would no point removing it in the first place?

The leasee probably removed it because they saw them selling on ebay to people who think an Audi sat nav card will just plug and play?