Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

You're right about the driveway. It probably doesn't show on the photos, but there are some roots pushing through and I need to lift the stones, cut the roots out and re-lay the stones. The weeds will then come out as part of the process, but it's a real fag and it means a day on my knees and...and...

Only jesting about the drive mate. On the A5OC forum they had the "driveway police" pulling anyone up who posted pics with weeds or the like showing (all in good fun) so I guess it rubbed off on me. A few years back I stupidly jet washed the monobloc drive at a previous house which allowed all sorts up through the gaps I created...... nightmare!
Kiln sand and a whacker plate, followed by 2 coats of Thomsons driveway sealer sorted that though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolly12
my photography skills are not great! been waiting a while and it arrived last week. Thanks to those who advised on the B & O system, very impressed with that indeed!

What is the most convenient way to listen to your music in the car, I was thinking of getting Spotify and using it offline in the car and playing through bluetooth, but then I saw that Appleplay is actually compatible, so perhaps that is better, just wondering what peoples experiences are. Ideally, I do not want to stream as quality will go down I imagine.

Car 1

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Oh - and a touring holiday in your part of the world is definitely on the cards. I've been retired 3 years but herself has just retired so we suddenly have the option to holiday whenever we want! I can imagine nothing better than touring the Highlands in a convertible (when it isn't raining, of course).

3 years ago we toured Northern Ireland in my then new A3 sportback. Absolutely brilliant.

I'm in Perthshire where there are loads of great roads but we recently went up to Dornoch for a break and the North Coast 500 route is great for touring and seeing loads of great stuff and stunning scenery. If you need any info please feel free to DM me, I've been to many great spots up here.

Reactions: David McQueen
Ordered 1st February - Arrived Today.

Came with the new 1.5tfsi instead of 1.4tfsi and includes Rear Parking Sensor's as standard (MY18 Model)

IMG 4102
IMG 4109
IMG 4117
IMG 4123

Reactions: S3tuart, Mark_86, SPIKE_ and 14 others
Reactions: Jassyo06
Very nice spec fella, did you drive the 1.4 and if so how's the comparison to the 1.5.

I didn't drive the 1.4tfsi unfortunately, I didn't even know I was getting the 1.5tfsi until after it was built, must've been built around the cut off date I think :footy:

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I didn't drive the 1.4tfsi unfortunately, I didn't even know I was getting the 1.5tfsi until after it was built, must've been built around the cut off date I think :footy:
Nice bonus then, journalist reviews are very positive regarding the new motor.

Sold my 14' Cooper S for a newly acquired S3 in Nano Grey with carbon fiber accents. I am Loving it.

Wm8Eff

Wm8DXm

Wm8E8m

Wm8EjU

WorVkX

WorUak

WorUak

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mark_86, SPIKE_, Bristle Hound and 17 others

The 1.5 came in when they started building MY18 cars around the 3rd week of May. Vegas yellow was a brave choice but it works well with the black edition, its certainly different than most of the other Audi colours. I also ordered the 1.4 but got the 1.5. I test drove a 1.4 and found it suprisingly responsive, hopefully the 1.5 will be just as good, if not better, I'll find out when I collect next week

Last edited:
Sold my 14' Cooper S for a newly acquired S3 in Nano Grey with carbon fiber accents. I am Loving it.

Wm8Eff

Wm8DXm

Wm8E8m

Wm8EjU

WorVkX

WorUak

WorUak
:sign welcome:
Car looks great. Something a bit different too, with the CF fittings and red seats.

Reactions: AudiS3Nano
For Jassy - wife finally gets the opportunity to go topless. (This is also a 1.5 tfsi, referring to mentions of 1.5s above).

Attachments

• 22E4251D-0B40-4F55-A4FC-CA3AEC963235.JPG
    22E4251D-0B40-4F55-A4FC-CA3AEC963235.JPG
    441.4 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: Reggieboy71, Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and 2 others
The longest week of my life is over and I'm now a proud Audi owner :)

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

Wasted no time getting the LEDs in either, thanks EM Tuning! Stupidly didn't take any before shots...but they look a thousand times better.

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

Would have had the aluminium pedal covers on if Cardiff Audi hadn't sent me the manual set instead of the Automatic set that I ordered, grrrrr.

Will post some more photos when I've given it a proper detail early next week :)

Reactions: kanteo28, TDI-line, Mark_86 and 10 others
For Jassy - wife finally gets the opportunity to go topless. (This is also a 1.5 tfsi, referring to mentions of 1.5s above).

Sun's oot....and.... Taps are aff.....as they say up in Scotland....lol....very POSH....tell yer Mrs at least she got something right.......lol

The longest week of my life is over and I'm now a proud Audi owner :)

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

Wasted no time getting the LEDs in either, thanks EM Tuning! Stupidly didn't take any before shots...but they look a thousand times better.

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

Would have had the aluminium pedal covers on if Cardiff Audi hadn't sent me the manual set instead of the Automatic set that I ordered, grrrrr.

Will post some more photos when I've given it a proper detail early next week :)

Well Done Buddy...cracking lookin brief....

Reactions: BRISTOL86
Spent the day giving it a clean ready for tomorrow
IMG 1075

Attachments

• IMG_1075.JPG
    IMG_1075.JPG
    368 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: SPIKE_, Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and 7 others
Well Done Buddy...cracking lookin brief....

Thanks mate. Nothing exciting compared to most of what's on here but I'm very smitten. A big change up from a 9 year old Focus!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Tom.H
Quick wash of both the cars today. Was hoping to get the wax out, but no time unfortunately what do you guys recommend for the tail pipes? Also, do any of you also wax the pipes once they're clean, or is that a no no?
ccf92029978e5c2ac06b67b8dd854995.jpg

Reactions: TDI-line, SPIKE_, David McQueen and 4 others
And yes, I know I have to weed the driveway

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
what do you guys recommend for the tail pipes? Also, do any of you also wax the pipes once they're clean, or is that a no no?

I used GTechniq metal polish on mine, they were coated with something when it was detailed so not sure if it makes it any easier.

This is what both sides were like before (drivers side shown)

hLjMJSu.jpg

After (passenger side) did do them all properly then when it was cleaned.

5hpFXxn.jpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and Garvie
Looking good! Two black cars.. Hard work! Lol

I use autosol after each wash... some say it is a bit too abrasive for regular use but I've never seen any issues.

I did put some wax, FK1000p I believe, once but I don't think it did much to be honest and bear in mind that is a high temp sealant so a regular one really wouldn't cope with the temperatures at all :)

@Tom.H correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure any polish you put on there would be abrasive enough to have likely removed whatever the detailer put on! :O

@Tom.H correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure any polish you put on there would be abrasive enough to have likely removed whatever the detailer put on! :O

Quite possibly lol the GTechniq stuff is fairly liquid though so not sure quite how abrasive it is.

Reactions: azibux1
Quick wash of both the cars today. Was hoping to get the wax out, but no time unfortunately what do you guys recommend for the tail pipes? Also, do any of you also wax the pipes once they're clean, or is that a no no?

8e75b56fbfd865cb827b5b42585a3491.jpg

683b129d23fbce64a34da5d379e5c086.jpg

I use AutoSol on mine does the job well.. although they don't look like that now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: azibux1, Jassyo06 and JDHOWELLS

Awesome....work...mate and fair play to you getting a black car...but the next time ditch the Mrs Cashcow....and concentrate on the S3 only...

Reactions: Garvie
Ara...does'nt...suit bright light....anyway no doubt my car will have the same ride height as yours.....and it does need lowered.....big time.....need to get it lowered and spacers on.....ASAP...sits too high with magride
Exactly my thoughts on my own car. Looks like it's on stilts

Awesome....work...mate and fair play to you getting a black car...but the next time ditch the Mrs Cashcow....and concentrate on the S3 only...

Ha ha the missus' car only got a quick once over. Next time I'll wait till she's out Gotta say I love a black car (this is my sixth, I'm a glutton for punishment ). Was considering going for ara or daytona this time round, but after seeing them in the flesh, they just didn't do it for me, so black it was again! Also glad I never went for the black pack this time. I think the chrome really stands out and breaks up the black a little making it look even greater (when it's clean )

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
I used GTechniq metal polish on mine, they were coated with something when it was detailed so not sure if it makes it any easier.

This is what both sides were like before (drivers side shown)

hLjMJSu.jpg

After (passenger side) did do them all properly then when it was cleaned.

5hpFXxn.jpg
Looking good! Two black cars.. Hard work! Lol

I use autosol after each wash... some say it is a bit too abrasive for regular use but I've never seen any issues.

I did put some wax, FK1000p I believe, once but I don't think it did much to be honest and bear in mind that is a high temp sealant so a regular one really wouldn't cope with the temperatures at all :)

I used Autosol too but only got 90% of it off even when I tried using the Dremel and soft polishing disc.
Need to try something else.

Reactions: Tom.H
Ara...does'nt...suit bright light....anyway no doubt my car will have the same ride height as yours.....and it does need lowered.....big time.....need to get it lowered and spacers on.....ASAP...sits too high with magride
Any advice jassy on which lowering springs to get and spacers

Reactions: James.B8