1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

S32B Jul 25, 2016

1. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

It's not rocket science to see what this thread is for lol :D

Pictures and comments welcome ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. gripross

gripross Active Member

Here's my pics... Picked it up Saturday. A3 S Line Saloon. Aluminium inlays light upgrade, 5 Twin spoke upgrade alloys, heated seats , rear parking sensors, high beam assist, auto dimming rear view mirror, smokers pack ( although I don't smoke)

Attached Files:

4. Scottyg

Scottyg Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Floret Silver TDi Audi A3 S tronic

:respekt:First time I've seen those alloys. Stunning. Suit it really well. :yes:

mark351, S32B, Rob2k68 and 2 others like this.
  5. gripross

gripross Active Member

Thanks mate... New for the fl so was a bit of a gamble but am real happy with em

mark351, 2P's, Rob2k68 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Scottyg

Scottyg Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Floret Silver TDi Audi A3 S tronic

Great choice. Set the car off really well. :superman:

Rob2k68 and MikeADV like this.
  7. gripross

gripross Active Member

Ye I've got to say they do.. Even the grey that's in the wheels is similar to the car colour

Rob2k68 likes this.
  8. gripross

gripross Active Member

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2016
    Bristle Hound, Rob2k68 and Sandra like this.
  9. Scottyg

Yeah, really like those. :wub:

Rob2k68 likes this.
  10. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Love the Wheels. I made your pic bigger as well :)

11. Daytonapig

Daytonapig Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro

dont want to be the bearer of bad news but someone has had a go at your number plates with a paintball gun!!
    On a serious note car looks awesome, like the wheels.

azibux1, gripross and Scottyg like this.
  12. Avatar

13. azibux1

azibux1 Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3

At least they avoided the paintwork! :D

14. lyallr

lyallr Member

Collected this morning. Not had a chance to have a proper play yet. Please with how it turned out.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

15. gripross

gripross Active Member

pesky little sods round here

Daytonapig likes this.
  16. gripross

gripross Active Member

looks great that... did they do the reveal thing with the sheet in the private room like they did for me?

17. Rob2k68

Rob2k68 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User MQB Platform

Stunning car - congratulations !!

What's the close up of on the last but one photo I can't quite make it out ?

18. MrIceberg

MrIceberg Member Team Daytona Audi S3

Looks like the rear door inlay

gripross and Rob2k68 like this.
  19. lyallr

lyallr Member

Yes mate. They offered to make a handover video too although I declined.
    They installed the Audi rings LED puddle lights as well just before I got there.
    Collected my previous A4 on the September 1st with the usual hustle and bustle going on. This handover was a lot less frantic.
    Yours looks very tidy.

20. gripross

gripross Active Member

It's the light inlays in the rear seat doors.. Thought might just have the inlays in the front doors but they are actually in the rear ones too

Rob2k68 likes this.
  21. gripross

gripross Active Member

I had a black A3 last time...(but never black again) and a white car previous to that so wanted to try a different colour. But I Horta say the white looks great and should be easier to looks after as regards polishing. I found AG super resin polish and a coat of wax was a pretty easy way to keep it looking great

richinsoton, lyallr and Rob2k68 like this.
  22. Scottyg

With the White @gripross use the AG SRP but top it with AG EGP. Gives a great deep gloss look.

23. moonlight

moonlight Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver Team Daytona Audi A3

Very nice..Ibis?

24. lyallr

lyallr Member

Yeh I fancied something different too. Done the blacks, blues, reds and greys.

25. lyallr

lyallr Member

I like the AG products. Had a solid red A4 previously and they always worked a treat.

26. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator MQB Platform

@gripross - You don't want that @Scottyg lol
    For white, I would use a base coat of Sonax Xtreme Protect + Shine Hybrid followed by 2 weekly top ups of Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer
    Just saying ... ;) :D

q5man, jassyo06, Scottk and 1 other person like this.
  27. SJ43

SJ43 Well-Known Member

Lovely motors to all who have collected.

I want them door sills!

gripross, lyallr and Rob2k68 like this.
  28. gripross

gripross Active Member

Deffinately look good when lit up

29. DrEskimo

DrEskimo Well-Known Member

Think a lit up 'S' badge on a A3 is a bit too misleading personally (yes I know its 'S-Line'). But then I am a bit of a badge Nazi....

30. lyallr

lyallr Member

Just been on a 50 mile round trip to Birmingham. Impressed with how compliant the upgraded SLine suspension is. Far more forgiving than on my last A4 which was very crash bang wallop.

SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and gripross like this.
  31. chris1978uk

chris1978uk Member Team Brilliant Black Audi A3 S-line owners group

Got mine this morning :yahoo:

Thankfully the rear diffuser is nowhere near as bright silver as shown on the configurator.

I had read the horror stories of owning a black car and considered changing to Daytona or even Vegas yellow, but was reassured by the dealer that the black would be fine and sure enough the car is a beauty, especially with the privacy glass. Sadly, despite the forecast, today was a sunny day and as soon as I got home and parked in the sun all I could see was major swirl marks everywhere! I'm not a detailer, or even an experienced car washer, so the maintenance of black paint now terrifies me! It will be an experience, quite possibly one I won't want to repeat! Perhaps that's why the dealer threw in a posh case filled with AutoGlym life shine products and microfibres cloths!

Only have a couple of pics in the handover bay for now, spent most of the day playing rather than taking pics, will get some better shots tomorrow if it stays dry!

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

S3tuart, Jak_11, daydotz and 12 others like this.
  32. Scottyg

Lovely looking SB. Better get yourself over to the detailing section. My advice would be up get it professionally corrected and ceramic coated. It will make ownership of a black car much simpler as you won't put swirls on it.

SW14NY'S, pburv, SpeedyFrog and 2 others like this.
  33. Avatar

34. DrEskimo

DrEskimo Well-Known Member

+1

Although if its solid black you are going to have an up hill battle on your hands...! Mythos Black is much more hard wearing and a good ceramic and decent wash routine will see you swirl free :)

Doesn't half look good in black. Although I think that for pretty much all Audi's! Congrats!

pburv, SpeedyFrog and Rob2k68 like this.
  35. chris1978uk

chris1978uk Member Team Brilliant Black Audi A3 S-line owners group

I think getting it professionally detailed is definitely on the cards, but it's gonna be quite a while before I have any money for that. I think I'll just have to get it dirty instead so you don't see the swirls! And yes, it's solid black, not metallic :sadlike:

Thankfully sunny days are rare in Belfast so it's not the end of the world. Looks good in the dark too!

36. Scottyg

In that case, get some Poorboys Blackhole, give it a few coats and then put a good wax or sealant over the top of it. The Blackhole is a glaze which will fill in the swirls. It won't take them away but will hide them for a while, especially if it is topped with a decent product. If it were me I'd use Dodo Juice Purple Haze and top that with CarPro Reload. Bit of work but it will keep the car looking well for a few months.

SW14NY'S, Rob2k68 and pburv like this.
  37. pburv

pburv Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi S3 saloon quattro DSG

Rob2k68 and Scottyg like this.
  38. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

2016-07-30 09.50.54.png

The Hankook's look like they have a decent rim protector , would you care to do a £1 coin test with pic ?

Wheel and tyre widths ?

Rob2k68 likes this.
  39. CrypticMG

CrypticMG Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A3

Very nice mate

Rob2k68 and pburv like this.
  40. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

Got to do mine :( Looking outside now it's hit and miss if it's going to rain or not, so I may just give it a wash for now...I've got 3 weeks off so plenty of time to do the big one :)

Scottyg, pburv and Rob2k68 like this.
  41. gripross

gripross Active Member

yes mate i sort of get the jist of what you want but can you explain exactly what you mean? and ye i gotta say it was the first thing i thought that the built in wheel protector should help keep the alloys in good nick

Rob2k68 likes this.
  42. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And state the width of tyre and wheel , like 7.5" 225mm .

Rob2k68 likes this.
  43. gripross

gripross Active Member

Hope this helps you out mate

Attached Files:

Gazwould and Rob2k68 like this.