Possible xenon headlamp group buy??

Looking good.

Why is the light so blue? Is it just the reflection from the bulb?

Ta.

Reactions: sheeran
Does anybody know if the headlight levelling sensors show up as a fault when scanned? I think it's the motors that are at fault and will be replaced but was just curious.

Thanks.

Yeah I get one for my front one which is missing

Reactions: millsy75
I looked into buy carpartsuk and the reviews are bad that and they also 2 different websites names with same layout and contact number so ive been on eBay uk/de and they still range from £20 plus for the tyc ones but al least you get some protection from eBay. They were also used on skoda's and they seem to be cheaper than the ones listed for Audi a3

Reactions: t8ups
Good findings there TJ, would the OEM's be cheaper from skoda? If you can get me a part number of a skoda one I can ask TPS?

Trups

Good findings there TJ, would the OEM's be cheaper from skoda? If you can get me a part number of a skoda one I can ask TPS?

Trups
Trups, ask @mjr901 Mike our parts request genius. I'm sure he will give you part no and maybe the price as well.

Part number is same 8L0941295B and there's also 8L0941295A which in guessing the b version replaced I think it will be the same as when I fined tps I just gave them part number not car details

@Sandra has the parts request moved somewhere? It's not in the menu bar at the top anymore for some reason.

There £148 for the 2 from parts request if that's what your after the Stoke Audi website seems to be the cheaper than tps aswel at £130ish for the 2

@Sandra has the parts request moved somewhere? It's not in the menu bar at the top anymore for some reason.
It's just offline for maintence, it be back as soon as possible. If you need anything just pm @mjr901 and he can still sort you out with whatever you need:)

Reactions: shaunevo6 and mjr901
Will revist the costs of these on Monday as i have a beer in my hand at the moment.

Cheers

Mike

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Will revist the costs of these on Monday as i have a beer in my hand at the moment.

Cheers

Mike

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
You enjoy Mike. :) X

Another set built out today for @Tj 0785

here is some more detail on them from the inside.
Projector is mounted to the new brackets which are then mounted into the Guides of the headlight trim. All new screws are used. If you look I have 2 along the top, 2 at the sides and the one at the bottom, these TYC housing only come with 2 bolts, I throw them and put new ones which are stronger and are UK made so no way of the projector every falling out.

Morimoto Branding which they Lazer etch in now (they used to have a sticker which flaked off over time)

And what it looks like fitted in.

All looks like they have not been touched, I have not took a picture of these all built back as there is the lens protector on it and I didn't want to peel it off. Il try get pictures of the ones I paint up as and when.

2 more sets will leave before the week is out so I'm on track to have all out before the end of this month.

Thanks
Trups

Reactions: Sandra, Alex C, Tj 0785 and 4 others
Finished another sets today. :)

By Friday 2 more shall be done.

Il contact you over the weekend for the batches that are been done next week. Going to try get 5 sets done and the the painted ones the week after.

Trups

Reactions: stevie e
For those that needed paint work il be in touch to see what type of black you want if it's gloss or Matt.

Before you message me I am going to put a set up on Friday of some full black ones so you can make your minds up on if it's Matt or gloss as the ones I have done look unreal in the contrasting finishes.

Trups

Reactions: Sandra, IPG and stevie e
Got mine today looking good just waiting on my motors and il be fitting them next weekend

Reactions: IPG and t8ups
2 more sets complete.

The latter set has been done just to have some colour, like the Audi S1's have, not too in your face with what you can see.

Reactions: superkarl, IPG, Tj 0785 and 1 other person
is the indicator tintable (by this i mean ever so slightly so it's not so opposite?) or will it look shizen?

Here i go with my amazing photoshop skills

30% Opacity
Screen Shot 2016 09 20 at 203104

50% Opacity
Screen Shot 2016 09 20 at 203114

70% Opacity
Screen Shot 2016 09 20 at 203127

80% Opacity - kind of looks cool but would make the bulb look like a ****** circle in the middle
Screen Shot 2016 09 20 at 203137

I can darken them if need be but that's the only set going full black atm.

The last full paint ones like yours I'm trying to keep the chrome as masking aint the issue, its when removing the tape the chrome will lift off.

Trups

I was going to try and keep chrome. PM me and we can talk on it lol.

Your projectors will be here late next week with your mod.

Trups

Will you confirm the options you have listed with the applicable customer before building their set? Sounds like a good idea with the confusion above...

Reactions: stevie e
Sure I can.

for the paint work ones i was going to PM just to confirm it as they will be ready next week. i have 5 sets off to get clear coat tomo ready for build Thursday and Friday. Them 5 sets have no paint work and yours is one of them @Erikn89nl

Then just 4 sets with paint work and then all complete.

Thanks
Trups

Reactions: IPG and stevie e
I've ordered 2 new range control motors from buy car parts uk £48 delivered should be here tomorrow any way I got a 5% off for my next order since I don't need owt else one of you guy's can use it if you want
code is SYC953213 can only be used once tho so 1st come 1st serve

Reactions: Alex C
I've ordered 2 new range control motors from buy car parts uk £48 delivered should be here tomorrow any way I got a 5% off for my next order since I don't need owt else one of you guy's can use it if you want
code is SYC953213 can only be used once tho so 1st come 1st serve

I tried to order from them as well but the postage to New Zealand was over £100 so I didn't? They sent me a 10% discount code a few days later, so you can go that route for a discount too.

Reactions: t8ups
Can you not get them delivered to @t8ups and sent out with your headlights

Reactions: crispynz1 and t8ups
if you want me to sort them then I can, send me a message and I can order them for you. easier to install my end.

Trups

Reactions: crispynz1
These headlight controls - when doing the basic setting in VCDS I can see mine move (slowly) up and down But I don't notice them moving on startup. I don't ever park close to a wall though... Replace or retain old motors?

Try parking behind a car and see if they move mine would move in vcds but wouldn't move when I switch my headlights on until after I replaced a faulty sensor in wheel arch

well i do have the option of parking up against a wall to test LOL
so what's the process - turn car off for a couple of seconds
turn car engine on, turn headlights on and they should "shift" before settling?

Yeah car on switch lights on and you should see/hear them move

Reactions: IPG