Possible order but Facelift coming in March

A4CAB

Reaction score
Does anyone have any details on the facelift details, assume an order in January would be delivered in August anyway?

Thanks

RS3 facelift won't be seen this year imho, will follow behind the A3.

TX.

Agreed .... Deliveries of RS3 facelift will not be seen till 2017.

Audi are still a LONG way off fulfilling existing rs3 orders this year !

Some speculation too that in addition to there being a break between rs3 and facelift that next year it might be saloon only.

All speculation though of course.

I am hoping we will see a Facelift at the end of this year as the rumours say BW39 for it to enter production. I am hoping to get an order in when my dealer suggests I do so this year in line for delivery next March 2017, providing my finances all work out as planned. By this stage I am hoping we will know whether we will see a Saloon or Facelift at all, I would hate to get mine after waiting so long and 2 months later there be a Facelift.

I spoke to my dealer who is very in the know with RS' by the seems and he doubted very much there would be an RS Facelift at all back 2 months ago, because of the RS being so new. I will be surprised if we see an RS Facelift for the 8V Facelift platform, Audi have already fulfilled their RS model for the 8V platform and if i am right in thinking, they have never Facelifted an RS on the same model platform before now?
RS4 for example, that came right at the very end of the B8 platform, after the Facelift had happened..

The new thinking at Audi is to bring RS versions much sooner in a platform cycle tho so we may start to see FL RS's thanks to the new plans.
It's impossible to say until it does/does not happen tho!

The new thinking at Audi is to bring RS versions much sooner in a platform cycle tho so we may start to see FL RS's thanks to the new plans.
It's impossible to say until it does/does not happen tho!

Hm, we can only hope for this.
I just wish the wait wasn't so long, it only gets more agonising.. I can only hope it will get easier when I have one on order knowing it will get here eventually ;-)

Somebody said you would never buy anything if you waited for the latest version. The whole industry seem to refresh models fairly regularly and at least Audi changes are minimal between model changes i.e 8P to 8V. The 8P came out in 2003 and wasn't changed until 2011/12 so I think we have a few more years of the 8V (2018/9?) Frankly if Audi put in the promised hi tech dash in the RS I probably wouldn't have wanted one anyway.

Somebody said you would never buy anything if you waited for the latest version. The whole industry seem to refresh models fairly regularly and at least Audi changes are minimal between model changes i.e 8P to 8V. The 8P came out in 2003 and wasn't changed until 2011/12 so I think we have a few more years of the 8V (2018/9?) Frankly if Audi put in the promised hi tech dash in the RS I probably wouldn't have wanted one anyway.

Yeah there will only be smaller changes, as with most Facelifts. I am happy with the way the 8V looks now, I own a Sportback S Line. The main thing I like the thought of is the Virtual dash, going the opposite way to you. I can understand everyones POV wanting to stay analogue but I test drove the new A4 and the Virtual Dash was extremely nice, very colourful. That is how I feel with the Virtual Dash now anyway, maybe I need to try and get longer working with one before I decide I want to wait...
My salesman did tell me that the Virtual Dash would change everything about the car, because it comes back and links to the whole Electronic build in the car, so he thinks it could potentially ruin the car, having changed it from what is already working so well.

Aesthetically the car needs nothing else, but the spy shots of the new headlights also look nice.

I totally agree with the statement if you waited for the latest version, you would never buy anything. It is just for me if I am spending £52k on a car, I would like to think I have the latest model for a 12 month at least.. that's just me though. This is also because I do like what I have seen of the Virtual Dash...

Reactions: VAG_Club001
On the other hand you could be waiting for some features which aren't even in the new car (like the elec dash - far from certain) !

I didn't like the new A4 dash when I drove it recently, ha ha :eek:

TX.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
I quite like the dash in the TT .... but it's far from being a big draw for me.

Hm, I definitely need to spend more time with this dash before I commit, I can only assume it will be an option like the A4? Maybe I can ask for a Demo of the new A3 next year, if it does have the new cockpit. Issue is with my age, being 18 Audi don't like giving me much more than a 1.0 A1 for courtesy etc.
Yes I know what your reactions must be having seen a few, I am 18 and ordering an RS3. I have an apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering, I don't drink or have any other bad habits.. my money is simply spent on cars, so that is how I can afford it haha. Still, I have been lucky enough to have a run out in a few RS's and even had the opportunity to drive an RS3 :wub:

Crikey can only imagine the insurance premium for you but I was the same at your age, cars were everything and was more than happy to spend all I had on them.

Can't imagine having an RS3 at 18 though, LOL !!

Crikey can only imagine the insurance premium for you but I was the same at your age, cars were everything and was more than happy to spend all I had on them.

Can't imagine having an RS3 at 18 though, LOL !!

Tell me about it, close to £3000, but oh well.. prices worth paying ;-)

I will be 19 when I take delivery hopefully, still not too bad ;-) Haha!!

Hm, I definitely need to spend more time with this dash before I commit, I can only assume it will be an option like the A4? Maybe I can ask for a Demo of the new A3 next year, if it does have the new cockpit. Issue is with my age, being 18 Audi don't like giving me much more than a 1.0 A1 for courtesy etc.
Yes I know what your reactions must be having seen a few, I am 18 and ordering an RS3. I have an apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering, I don't drink or have any other bad habits.. my money is simply spent on cars, so that is how I can afford it haha. Still, I have been lucky enough to have a run out in a few RS's and even had the opportunity to drive an RS3 :wub:

What do you mean "don't drink or have any other bad habits"
Its the buying of expensive cars thats the bad habit. Drinking and the other vices-thats called living!:sunglasses:

I'm not much older (23) and also had an s-line 8v, they only thing that's caught me out so far other than insurance which was always going to be painful is fuel. It's not breaking the bank and I never expected it to be economical but being my first performance car it's come as a bit of a shock. Before man maths takes over make sure you consider everything, I'm not saying don't get an RS3 just maybe consider saving for a few more months. Also VW finance wanted bank statements showing income and expenditure for 3 months, apparently it's mainly because I'm young and ordering an expensive car so bare it in mind too @AudiNutta

What do you mean "don't drink or have any other bad habits"
Its the buying of expensive cars thats the bad habit. Drinking and the other vices-thats called living!:sunglasses:

Okay, that is a fair statement.. I only have one expensive habit then ;-) Not being someone who drinks but someone who sees all his friends throwing £150 a night away every weekend on the p***, a car seems more sensible to me haha.. at least I have something physical to show for it.

Reactions: Terminator x
I'm not much older (23) and also had an s-line 8v, they only thing that's caught me out so far other than insurance which was always going to be painful is fuel. It's not breaking the bank and I never expected it to be economical but being my first performance car it's come as a bit of a shock. Before man maths takes over make sure you consider everything, I'm not saying don't get an RS3 just maybe consider saving for a few more months. Also VW finance wanted bank statements showing income and expenditure for 3 months, apparently it's mainly because I'm young and ordering an expensive car so bare it in mind too @AudiNutta

How many miles do you get to a tank on average then? I tend to get 430 miles to a tank around and about in my 1.4TFSi, I am expecting to have to put in maybe just over a tank and a half to get the same mileage from the RS?
Did they really? I took out my A3 on PCP 2 months after I turned 18, the £22,000+ loan went straight through surprisingly with absolutely no credit history.
My salary will be close to £35,000, giving me plenty spare as I have no bills or fixed expenses except insurance, £80 a month rent at home and my mobile phone haha. Did they decline you first of all, or just ask for that information when you applied instead of declining? I am assuming they want to see the expense of the car spare along with a fair bit extra.

I am buying a B7 A4 off my friend, high mileage (we owned it before) for next to nothing when it comes around to the RS. What I will save on the finance alone by being able to drop the milage pays for the A4 in itself. That way the RS won't be wasted on my commutes and it can be kept for use on the nicer of the awful British weather we have. That way in my mind, the RS will remain more special to drive, more of an occasion and I will save money on running and repair costs.

Thanks for your advice, it is much appreciated.

See my signature and click the fuelly image for tracked miles/tank and mpg. It's ~250miles per £50 fill on a fairly sensible tank. 300 would be possible on a long run and being very light on the go pedal.

See my signature and click the fuelly image for tracked miles/tank and mpg. It's ~250miles per £50 fill on a fairly sensible tank. 300 would be possible on a long run and being very light on the go pedal.

Ah right, great. It is a tiny bit more than I expected, but in reality I knew it was going to be around that mark.. I am sure it can be justified, it already is for me ;-) My 1.4 A3 is working out at 35mpg around town in this cold weather, so 22mpg average isn't all that bad all considered for 3x the power.

I am hoping we will see a Facelift at the end of this year as the rumours say BW39 for it to enter production. I am hoping to get an order in when my dealer suggests I do so this year in line for delivery next March 2017, providing my finances all work out as planned. By this stage I am hoping we will know whether we will see a Saloon or Facelift at all, I would hate to get mine after waiting so long and 2 months later there be a Facelift.

I spoke to my dealer who is very in the know with RS' by the seems and he doubted very much there would be an RS Facelift at all back 2 months ago, because of the RS being so new. I will be surprised if we see an RS Facelift for the 8V Facelift platform, Audi have already fulfilled their RS model for the 8V platform and if i am right in thinking, they have never Facelifted an RS on the same model platform before now?
RS4 for example, that came right at the very end of the B8 platform, after the Facelift had happened..

The rs5 was facelifted 2 years after original release

RS6 and RS Q3 have been facelifted after one year and a half, RS7 after one year

Oh good, that's reassuring for those waiting for a Facelift :rockwoot:

Reactions: VAG_Club001 and Splathead
I was in London on Wednesday and went into the Audi showroom in Picadillly.

A very helpful and knowledgeable young man said there was nothing 'official' he could show us, however the new look he had seen would pick up themes from the TT giving it a wider look and virtual dash would be an option. I quizzed him about RS3 and he thought that changes were unlikely to SB run. Bit non committal despite my interrogation skills..

Reactions: AudiNutta and Snake Pliskin
We can all speculate and then reap the rewards with hindsight - my tuppence says there is absolutely no chance off facelift in 2016 or the first half of 2017. The A3 yeah but the RS, no chance

I was in London on Wednesday and went into the Audi showroom in Picadillly.

A very helpful and knowledgeable young man said there was nothing 'official' he could show us, however the new look he had seen would pick up themes from the TT giving it a wider look and virtual dash would be an option. I quizzed him about RS3 and he thought that changes were unlikely to SB run. Bit non committal despite my interrogation skills..

Nice detective work RG.

I think all the 'talk & rumour' suggests we will see A3 & S3 updates this year but RS3 will be 2017+

Reactions: VAG_Club001 and RGBARGEE
In just about 1 month we can get more news about this.

VW Group Night, 1-2 march 2016. Day before press day @ Geneva Motor Show.

Reactions: VAG_Club001 and Snake Pliskin
asport ... we will know before then... pretty convinced Facelift A/S from MY 2017 build week 39. Optional Google dash, minor changes to lights and grill .. No changes to RS3 until 2017 or so I am told.

Reactions: VAG_Club001 and Snake Pliskin
asport ... we will know before then... pretty convinced Facelift A/S from MY 2017 build week 39. Optional Google dash, minor changes to lights and grill .. No changes to RS3 until 2017 or so I am told.

Agreed ...

I think that will be spot on or very close !

IMG 3220 1

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Great stuff... have a slightly larger version open to cope with excessive demand! ;-)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
It was late 2008 to be precise

So, I've had it on good authority from someone at Bristol that it is totally out of the question seeing the virtual cockpit in the 8V model line at all.

This apparently has been confirmed by someone higher up the chain as with the new B9 A4, the screen is fixed as I'm sure some of you may know it doesn't retract like the A3. This apparently is because the whole Smart Phone Interface has been stored where the screen would normally retract. Supposedly a virtual cockpit would totally redesign the electronics in the car and what is behind the dash, meaning it wouldn't be feasible to do this until at least the next model due maybe 2020, going off the usual patterns.

I were told the MMI in the A3 is known as MIB 2, the new interface in the A4 is known as MIB 3... Apparently MIB 3 will never fit the current shape.

It even came down to the dynamic into actors (which I love) apparently it was said this couldn't be done either, but he doubted that as they added it recently to the A6.

Anyone got any thoughts on all of this? I'm sort of disappointed by this, IMO the A3 is falling behind technologically in comparison to the New Q7 and A4... The virtual cockpit would of brought it back up to spec.

In addition, yes the RS3 Saloon is 100% going to the US, if it gets ok'ed it could very well be supplied here :)