Polybush or TT bushes

Cheeks

Reaction score
Had a search and couldn't find what I was after, couldn't be what I was searching I don't know.

Car is going in again because it's knocking and we're suspecting bushes! Plus a timing belt kit and service

Soooo...

Anyone recommend putting TT bushes for the front control arm over polybushes?
The standard a3 ones have cutouts and they suck. I'm talking about the front control arm rear bush.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put in the solid rubber TT/S3 rear bushes from advice on the forum that front bush was ok to be poly as it has one lateral plane of motion, but the rear bush has multiple planes of motion and poly bushes have been known on occasion to pop out

Thanks
What do the TT/S3 bushes improve handling wise?

Over worn stock bushes, either will be an upgrade. They do much the same thing, but as mentioned above the OEM part is a tad more compliant which doesn't hurt.

Poly are typically much firmer, which isn't everyone's cup of tea, and not really ideal if the car is purely a daily driver

Reactions: Cheeks
I've had polybushes and coilovers on my last A3 and it was good, poly took a lot of the body roll out which was what I wanted, could I expect the same from the TT/S3 bushes?

The Solid rubber are between stock A3 bushes and poly, if you don't care about comfort go poly, lol

Haha I'll be getting coilovers which would pick up the slack if any!

Not an s3 (a3 fwd) but I fitted r32 solid rears and cookbot front bush sleeves with corrado solid rubber buses to my tt arms. It's on eibach coilovers and I wouldn't want to ride any firmer that's for sure!

Not an s3 (a3 fwd) but I fitted r32 solid rears and cookbot front bush sleeves with corrado solid rubber buses to my tt arms. It's on eibach coilovers and I wouldn't want to ride any firmer that's for sure!

Never thought about R32 bushes! I'll probably just get some strongflex bushes again, cheap and they work well.

Never thought about R32 bushes! I'll probably just get some strongflex bushes again, cheap and they work well.

Ahh I see, thought when they were mentioned that they may have been different.

Thanks for the help everyone!