Pollen Filter Change

I’ve just fitted an activated carbon Mann filter in our Avant and it went in fine. The original Audi filter I took out was actually stamped up as a Mann filter :)

Yes, I replaced an Audi act carbon filter, made by Mann with the correct Frecious Plus one for my February 2011 A4 S4 which was FP2450.

Edit:- £13.24 that price is good enough for one of them!

Reactions: apache24uk
Normally fit either Mann or bosch carbon filter.

Thanks @rum4mo for letting me know that the frecious ones fit. Even though ECP say it's 1 or 2 millimeters bigger.

At £13.34 it would be silly not to try it, considering Audi wanted 40 odd quid extra :fearscream: to replace it with the major service it's booked in for!

Making sure of course that Audi get told not to replace the pollen filter as default they might just include it in this service.

Wife's Polo was bought new with a dealership service plan covering 3 yearly services and the first MOT, at the year 2 service they included a pollen filter change as part of the prepaid service, only thing was, as that car has auto AC it comes with an act carbon pollen filter, that dealership saved a few pence and fitted an ordinary pollen filter, which annoyed me a bit but gave the chance/reason to change that car's pollen filter to a Mann Frecious Plus one same as I had done already with my B8 S4. Maybe daughter's Ibiza will get that ordinary filter in the future, or it will get binned as it was only in the Polo for about a week.