Plastic dip grill

147bear

Reaction score
Im going to plastic dip my s3 front grill hate the grey and chrome look ,l got the black matt spray, anyone done this before?i know its been covered on other threads but has anyone done it without removing grill i really dont want to remove to fiddly.Ii pressume you can mask off and put cardboard behind to protect radiator is this ok?? Cheers

No need to remove the grille. As you said, mask of the bits you don't want to spray and card board in front of the radiator. Watch some YouTube videos of DipYourCar and he'll explain in full depth how to spray your grille.

A little tip would be to leave a gap between the edge of the grille and your paintwork so the plasti dip can peel away easily.

There was a guide posted last week by SamA3: www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportba...how-plastidip-guide-spraying-front-grill.html

No need to remove the grille. As you said, mask of the bits you don't want to spray and card board in front of the radiator. Watch some YouTube videos of DipYourCar and he'll explain in full depth how to spray your grille.

A little tip would be to leave a gap between the edge of the grille and your paintwork so the plasti dip can peel away easily.

There was a guide posted last week by SamA3: www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportba...how-plastidip-guide-spraying-front-grill.html

Cheers Mate exact info i need:cool: