phone unlocking

RoyM

Reaction score
I read another forum that it was possible to unlock your car (in the event of locking your keys inside,) by another person (e.g. wife) zapping the unlock button on the spare key over the phone, tried it on my SQ5 but to no avail, though several peeps on the original thread said it works fine, anyone else heard this???

I read another forum that it was possible to unlock your car (in the event of locking your keys inside,) by another person (e.g. wife) zapping the unlock button on the spare key over the phone, tried it on my SQ5 but to no avail, though several peeps on the original thread said it works fine, anyone else heard this???
Think there were pulling you leg mate no chance of it working

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Are they possibly winding you up as AFAIK they still use short range wireless signals & it would have to be a sound signal to do down the phone speaker.

What if the vehicle had a data connection? I guess there maybe an app to securely pair with your car/phone to unlock it. This is not a new feature as I know that Tesla for example support this.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

That's different though but unless they allow a key to integrate with the app, the key press will do squat.

Ahhh that's what I was eluding too, but that's not by pressing the key button, as the secure digi with is stored in the app, if I'm reading right, god imagine this widely used when they already crack the kessy etc system lol.