Phantom's phantom!

phantom

On Boost
Reaction score
After all the to-ing fro-ing i got the car and it's better than i remeber from the test drive! ( only last week ) simply stunning!

[URL="http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w16/lasbazrre/DSC01018.jpg"][URL="http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w16/lasbazrre/DSC01018.jpg"][/URL][/URL]

I tride to get on the runway at Manchester airport, but they wouldn't let me on!

[URL="http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w16/lasbazrre/DSC01005.jpg"][/URL]

Understated!

[URL="http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w16/lasbazrre/DSC01007.jpg"][URL="http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w16/lasbazrre/DSC01007.jpg"][/URL][/URL]

Top build!

[URL="http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w16/lasbazrre/DSC01023.jpg"][URL="http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w16/lasbazrre/DSC01023.jpg"][/URL][/URL]

Grippy , it rains alot in Manchester 4wd to put the power down!

Really really buzzing with this car!

Thanks

p

Glad you're happy.
Welcome to the club.... good luck keeping black looking clean ;)

That looks pretty tuff mate! I'm glad your finally happy =)

Heh funny how you was SO stressed last week and now your over the moon. It's good to see that =)

Looks good and the fastest colour:icon_thumright:

Looks Fab :hubbahubba:

Im very envious as im having to wait till march to pick mine up :sorry:

Just ride out these winter months then get it detailed when the fine weather arrives, it will look stunning!!

Ohhh yeah.... very nice. Cant believe they wouldnt let you rip one down the runway tho! BOOOO!

Black is the best colour :)

You'll find the S3 has a way of getting under your skin, I have never been so satisfied with a car's all round ability with the only criticism also being one of its qualities - stealth indeed.

Enjoy, great shots.

Nice matey !!

Next best thing to getting on the runway is winding down the windows and howling through those tunnels that go under the runway on the way into Wilmslow. Awesome !!!

Enjoy

Mark

Can i ask the S3 owners one question?

How does the engine actually sound ? Ive read things like it sounds harsh under a heavy right foot.

L60N said:
Can i ask the S3 owners one question?

How does the engine actually sound ? Ive read things like it sounds harsh under a heavy right foot.

Doesn't sound harsh in my opinion, I'm not even going to attempt to describe the noise but I have heard 2 other S3's getting driven hard and in my opinion they sound great.

Mark

It's not harsh really , theres a bit of noise , harsh is my old Cliosport 182 , that sounded like it's throat was being cut! Lol

p

I would describe the sound as 'Gruff' or throaty under hard use and civilised when cruising. Take her past 4K and the sound changes due to some kind of valve on the rear silencer, I'm more than happy with the sound.

On a previous 2.0T (MK5 GTi) I changed the pipes for a Miltek system, partly for sound, partly for performance enhancement - I won't be doing this with the S3 I'm pleased to say

Doesn't Phantom's car look the business? Very understated, but all you need. But then, I lived the first 19 years of my life in Higher Blackley, Manchester, so perhaps I'm biased.

Twizzler said:
Doesn't Phantom's car look the business? Very understated, but all you need. But then, I lived the first 19 years of my life in Higher Blackley, Manchester, so perhaps I'm biased.

Nice 1 mate, ive allready been called a DRUG DEALER with it Lol

I spent the first 32 years of my life living in Salford, but the last 4 in a ok part of Stockport!

Coz of where ive lived i'm a paranoid fu*k , ive allready ordred a pair of phantom coded caps!

Also if i think ive no option i will de-badge it, as the last thing i want is a gang of SCROTES coming through my door with guns for the keys!

I have a wife and son!

Its a crying shame , but ive been brought up to keep my **** WIRE TIGHT!

Thanks

p

Yep, id defo:

Debadge and replace with 1.9 tdi
Spray the wing mirrors black
Replace wheels with some stock 15"ers

:jester:

My wife told me yesterday there was something on the radio , there was a shooting in Manchester , and police are looking for a black Audi s3! Lol

The Manchester branch of the S3 owners club! hehehehehehe

p

Looks the dogs Phantom, I'm taking delivery of my Phantom S3 on March 1st.

Deffo the best coulour by far!!!!:)

You just need spacers on now and it lowered :hubbahubba:

Enjoy:thumbsup:

L33TAY said:
Looks the dogs Phantom, I'm taking delivery of my Phantom S3 on March 1st.

Deffo the best coulour by far!!!!:)

You just need spacers on now and it lowered :hubbahubba:

Enjoy:thumbsup:

I think STD hight looks fine on these cars!

I may get a set of RS4 wheels at a later date, but then do you go 18's or 19's ? RS4 wheels are strange they look far better as 19's , but will the handling suffer? there is allready rubbing issues on 19's, and your speedo will be out!

Unless your spending big money on coilovers, 18's for go , 19's for show!

p

I'd personally stick with the factory wheels, but its personal choice in the end.

Just booked mine in at Awesome GTI for the 4th March for:

H&R Springs
10mm H&R hubcentric spacers all round
Forge Diverter valve, having this done at the same time to keep labour costs down, ready for the GIAC remap at 1000m

just need to finalise the price with them now, with some discount hopfully.

L33TAY said:
I'd personally stick with the factory wheels, but its personal choice in the end.

Just booked mine in at Awesome GTI for the 4th March for:

H&R Springs
10mm H&R hubcentric spacers all round
Forge Diverter valve, having this done at the same time to keep labour costs down, ready for the GIAC remap at 1000m

just need to finalise the price with them now, with some discount hopfully.

Sounds nice , i await pics of your with the springs and spacers on!

Come down to the RR day there on the 8th March ? will be good to meet fellow NW owners!

The Phantom's going on the rollers , if it's putting out good power ( ive read as much as 280bhp for these cars ) i may hang fire on the remap, if it's just putting out std power well i think i may get the GIAC as well!

I don't want to mod this car upto the eyes too quickly!

p

Think i'll do that Phantom, would be good to put faces to cars, and will be a good day out, weather permitting

Don't know the full details but i'm seen a post somewhere about it.

Lee

Will just come along and watch I think, as car will have only done a few miles by that date.:icon_thumright:

phantom said:
Sounds nice , i await pics of your with the springs and spacers on!

Come down to the RR day there on the 8th March ? will be good to meet fellow NW owners!

The Phantom's going on the rollers , if it's putting out good power ( ive read as much as 280bhp for these cars ) i may hang fire on the remap, if it's just putting out std power well i think i may get the GIAC as well!

I don't want to mod this car upto the eyes too quickly!

p

be interested to know the cost of spacers plus fitting. IMO stick with the 18", the 19" may look better but ouch!! the ride quality.

I'm having the GIAC remap tomorrow am so will let all know how I get on, I'm amazed I managed to wait so long (7 months) and car has now done 5K so should be ready......

Spin140 said:
be interested to know the cost of spacers plus fitting. IMO stick with the 18", the 19" may look better but ouch!! the ride quality.

I'm having the GIAC remap tomorrow am so will let all know how I get on, I'm amazed I managed to wait so long (7 months) and car has now done 5K so should be ready......

Spin140, yes looking forward to your feedback on the GIAC, where are you getting it done? I'll PM you the figures I get quoted from Awesome for spacers + fitting when I get them on Mon, they are fitting mine for free as the wheels will be off to do the springs anyway.

Cheers
Lee

Spin140 said:

Where you getting the GIAC done mate? that place in Sheffield?

Are you going for the switch as well?

What you paying if you don't mind me asking? Audi-sport.net discount?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks

p

L33TAY said:
Will just come along and watch I think, as car will have only done a few miles by that date.:icon_thumright:

Whens it due to land then mate?

p

That looks stunning phantom! Glad you got it all sorted in the end.

Be careful though, I live in a reasonably decent part of Stockport imho and I had the mirror caps stolen whilst it was sat on my drive. It's now always kept in the garage out of sight which gives me a bit more peace of mind.

Interesting about the shooting, as a couple of months ago I was driving just outside Manchester city centre and I was flashed by a following VW Golf which proceeded draw up alongside me and whilst I was still driving, the driver asked my passenger who was driving the car a few days ago - think there is some one with a blue one as well who may be a bit unsavoury!

On another post, I have been under the runaway in both my car and the demonstrator and mine sounded both better and louder. But the Focus ST's five-pot sounded better to be honest. (Can only imagine what the TT-R will sound like :hubbahubba: .) A four cylinder engine can only sound so good but it is made up for by the hisses from the dump valve and the decent exhaust note.

Anyway, enjoy it, I'll keep an eye out for you on my travels.

March 1st Phantom, and there are a few country roads back from the dealer to my house, so should be a good day, and March 1st is a Saturday, so that has fallen well, just hope the sun is shining too!!!

Lee

L33TAY said:
March 1st Phantom, and there are a few country roads back from the dealer to my house, so should be a good day, and March 1st is a Saturday, so that has fallen well, just hope the sun is shining too!!!

Lee

Nice! get some M/way miles on it to loosen it up/ take the family to Wales , Portmerion or somewhere !

p