People who don't deliver.......

JDM82

Reaction score
When I say deliver I don't mean a chinese takeaway
rolleyes.gif

I took my car into a local bodyshop on monday to have a few minor bits touched up. He said id probably have it back for tuesday teatime. Great I thought.I also had asked him to fit some chrome window trim but he said it was too much of a hassle, OK I thought, just leave it then and ill see you tuesday teatime.

I get a call tuesday morning saying all the paintwork is complete and he's had a look at the trim, he said he can do it and it would all be complete for wednesday dinnertime. Great I thought, nice one
grin.gif

Its now almost 3 o'clock and I've rang him to see whats happening.... He hasn't started the trim but its on tomorrows list and ill have the car back for dinnertime. Only problem is I need the car tomorrow now so I rang him back and told him ill just leave the trim to another time and come and collect the car now.

Only to be told it wont be ready til tomorrow afternoon
shocked.gif
Why? I ask? I still need to flatten it and polish it
lipsrsealed.gif

So I said, look I need it back today....... I'm picking it up at half 5 and I will never use that shop again.

Whenever i take my car in for any work i always say when i need the car back. That way they know what they can and can't do in the timescale.
Saves stress and hassle.

The best thing to do is vote with your feet and negative recommendations whenever you can. Not a lot you can do about people who choose to run their businesses like that unfortunately.

Bodyshops are a nightmare for that, as are garages.

The worlds full of people who over promise and under-deliver. Keeps me in work so I can't complain!!

I think what stinks the most is that people set an expectation and then fail to update you if things change. One of the basic pillars of good customer services yet so few people seem to be able to deliver against it. Motor industry often doesn't give a damn as crashes are a fact of life, and people love cars. Captive market. Why try harder?!

Nothing worse when it dicks you about though.