pearlescent polish???

nicks260

Reaction score
I've had an S3 8V daytona grey pearlescent car for the las three months and loving it more than ever. Was just wondering about something the dealer said to me about the pearlescent paintwork not needing to be polished?? Is this true? Ive been looking into ways of protecting the paint work WITHOUT wrapping it in a shady replica vinyl...so looked into paint protection which all seem to be different levels of wax and polish...
Any ideas??

Lol , lacquer is lacquer and needs a polish from time to time .

Reactions: jojo and DangerS3
Lol , lacquer is lacquer and needs a polish from time to time .

+1

Paint protection wise, just make sure you wash it so that you don't inflict loads of swirls. Then proceed to fall down the slippery slope that is car detailing and end up buying clay bars, sealants, waxes, numerous polishes and glazes lol.

Seriously though, starting out you can't go wrong with the AutoGlym kit. It pretty much covers what you need with a good shampoo, tar remover, polish, sealant (Extra Gloss Protection) and their HD wax.

I just don't polish any of the 3-Audi cars we have and that includes the A2 that sits outside in all weathers; I wash and then finish off with Poorboy's Spray and Gloss Quick Detailer; glass and all - and no swirls...
S l140 P1030432x

Reactions: Jake 61
Can't beat Poorboy's QD. I might put a couple of skins of polish on the car in a year, but generally don't have the time for much else.
Too busy enjoying the car.

I've had an S3 8V daytona grey pearlescent car for the las three months and loving it more than ever. Was just wondering about something the dealer said to me about the pearlescent paintwork not needing to be polished?? Is this true? Ive been looking into ways of protecting the paint work WITHOUT wrapping it in a shady replica vinyl...so looked into paint protection which all seem to be different levels of wax and polish...
Any ideas??
Any ideas??
Blackfire 'Wet Diamond' will do the trick! I have used it for years. Alternatively trawl the 'polished bliss' site for other ideas.