1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pcv system oil catch can / pcv delete

willhutson74 Feb 26, 2018

1. willhutson74

willhutson74 Member

I've seen a video on YouTube regarding the deletion of pcv and replacement with oil catch can solution instead on a A3 turbo .. it 2as totally confusing

has anyone on here done pcv delete and oil catch can replacement on an 8l 1.8 turbo motor please

where can I buy parts (as new Zealand based)

thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Stuart B

Stuart B Well-Known Member

the guide on here is excellent - have a look in the stickies - it covers the AMK, BAM and the K03 versions too.

willhutson74 likes this.
  4. willhutson74

willhutson74 Member

only problem I have is that I can't see any images .. something about 3rd party photobucket something or other

5. Stuart B

Stuart B Well-Known Member

I think there is a google chrome plug in which somehow gets them from google's cache

6. ToughlilT

ToughlilT Member Audi S3 Manual

7. willhutson74

willhutson74 Member

8. ToughlilT

ToughlilT Member Audi S3 Manual

sadly not that i know of

9. willhutson74

willhutson74 Member

Jeepers willickers

removed factory intercooler today cos I have recently noticed i was getting a lot of blowby

120 to 150 mls of dirty oil just sitting in intercooler alone !!!!

removed it ran my 'la totally awesome' citrus cleaner through it and replaced it

I am still bogging down though down low revs .. what could be the cause of this .. 8 am thinking auto trans fluids and service required as it doesn't feel like it's as responsive any more

10. willhutson74

willhutson74 Member

I have noticed a pill on the PCC system near thee throttle body attachment (photo to come) .. can I remove it and pop my oil catch can there at all (as it's right before throttle flap itself and feeds directly into plenum)

11. willhutson74

willhutson74 Member

here in image 1 is the pill by throttle itself

in image 2 there is a junction where I want to put a 2nd catch can

I want to put 2 catch cans in creating a really efficient oil blow by removal system whilst keeping pcv there if possible or is it best to delete pcv totally

Attached Files:

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Rainbird

Rainbird Active Member

Looks like the "pill" you're talking about is the one-way valve. Best to leave that in there.

14. willhutson74

willhutson74 Member

I've got pills on both sides of inlet plenum