Pcv delete or new pcv ?

MICHAEL PARKER

S3 Sportback
Reaction score
should i purchase a new replacement pcv or would the forge delete be a better choice ?

The PCV is a complete pain.

I'd get rid of it if at all possible,but remember that it won't solve coking issues.

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER
Ok i will purchase the forge delete for now with a few at looking fir a complete oil catch can system in the future .

Ok i will purchase the forge delete for now with a few at looking fir a complete oil catch can system in the future .

Again.the only way of making a catch can system work properly is by deleting all of the breathers venting into the engine,and the IE system does that,but at a price.

Sorry to jump in again Michael as where on the topic of Pcv I fitted my forge one yesterday. Does the Pcv prevent the rough idling when the dipstick is removed as I pulled mine out yesterday to check the oil and it didn't change?

Also I know the engines tick quite a lot but mine seems quite noisy the trouble is how noisy does it have to be to start investigating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will most likely go down the IE system eventually but cant afford just yet , Niki just mentioned that my idle was slightly lumpy and there was a small amount if residue around the pcv so advised that i change it out .

Last edited:
Reactions: S3Alex