Parking sensor and on screen help needed.

Alford Way

Reaction score
I have recently bought a 2017 S3 66 plate facelift and can only get the audio parking and not on screen, it has front and rear sensors.
I have a 2014 diesel a3 Quattro also and on it you get the audio sound and can view it on screen, it has front and rear sensors also.
I have been through every menu in the S3 and can’t see an option to have it shown on screen, the other difference from the diesel is there is no button on the dash of the S3 to turn the parking assist on and off.
any assistance would be much appreciated.
cheers
jamie

Sounds like it’s an aftermarket parking kit or dealer fit not a factory one.
Factory one should have the button on the dash as far as I know if it’s front and back. No button for just back sensors.

As I understand it there are various levels of Parking sensors:-
Audio
Graphical
video
park assist
I am sure there is someone who will know exactly but I think you are comparing 'audio' with 'Video' and this depends on your ECU and adaptions. I have recently fitted PDC and started wanting the 'audio' as fitted to my previous 8P Quattro sport, but ended up fitting front and rear and a camera to end up with Video in a Face lift. I believe there are 'low' and 'high' installations with differing functionality.

Looks like it may have been fitted with either the Audi approved accessory or an aftermarket kit. Either one of them will not display on screen. You could get the car plugged in and see if you can access a parking module, if so then it may be a coding issue. As above do you have the parking sensor switch on the dash?

Thanks for the replies, on having a look closer there seems to be a module in the rear suggesting it came with rear sensors as standard but had front fitted later, not a big issue but would have been good to have the display as well as audio.
cheers
jamie

Thanks for the replies, on having a look closer there seems to be a module in the rear suggesting it came with rear sensors as standard but had front fitted later, not a big issue but would have been good to have the display as well as audio.
cheers
jamie

Factory module should sit just above accelerator pedal not in the rear.
Can you see the part number of your module?

IMG 20210330 WA0001
My display
@djalex will know the answer for sure, but if the rear sensors are O.E. can't you fit a camera and either adapt the rears to work on screen or swap the module? at least you will be half way there, for me the difficult part of the install was all the mechanical stuff with taking the bumpers etc. off, you have all that done, so there must be something you can do.
Starting point has got to be knowing what parts you have installed, on my RHD S3 the ECU is behind the fuse box on the passenger side, or get someone to do you a scan.