Pan Roof - creaks and groans

Simonwhite2000

840i GC
Reaction score
Anyone else with the pan roof getting little rattles and/or creaks from the roof? I know it is unrealistic to expect them to be 100% silent but mine is getting irritating.
Any tips or fixes?
Curious to know if anyone else is or has experienced this and managed to sort it.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Anyone else with the pan roof getting little rattles and/or creaks from the roof? I know it is unrealistic to expect them to be 100% silent but mine is getting irritating.
Any tips or fixes?
Curious to know if anyone else is or has experienced this and managed to sort it.

I have all manner of sounds in my S4 Avant. Appears to be glovebox orientated but who knows. Could be PanRam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No major issues with mine at the moment, 1 year old and 20k miles.

I’ve heard if you apply some rubber sealant that can help, try gummi pfledge

Thanks - someone else suggested Wd-40 silicone spray as well. Prefer the sound of gummi though just for the name!
These cars are not the quietest though. My previous one had rattles etc as well.

Reactions: Riko0073
I've heard that using a little Vaseline on the door/pan roof seals helps. And stops them freezing together in winter as well, but I've not tried it to guarantee in all honesty.

I have the Pano roof, done 5k miles and it's completely silent when open or closed

Any tips or fixes?
MR sheen on moving parts

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Any tips or fixes?
For the B8 there is a 'sunroof service' , there is a special grease. If it's still under warranty ask them to take a look. Mine creaked, in the end they did the service and so far so good. Not completely silent but much better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3