Painting Cobra Parking Sensors

slappy

Reaction score
Hi

Can someone please confirm the best way to paint the Cobra Parkmaster A0258 parking sensors.

How many coats would I need and would I need a primer, base coat, laquer etc.

My car is Dolphin Grey

I phoned the local spray shop and they said that I should only need one top coat max with nothing else and quoted me £20 + VAT per sensor which I laughed at, so I thought I'd try it myself.

Thanks in advance.

I did mine last summer, 2 thin coats of colour, 1 coat of clear coat, don't rub inbetween. Make sure you use the plastic rings and use a pair of small tweezers to remove them.

depending on what colour they are now, one light coat, if that's enough then one clear coat, you don't want it too think as the signal want get out enough and they will be beeping all the time,

The plastic insert rings are there to stop paint getting to the sections that emit the ultrasonics. Just remember to remove them before the paint fully dries. Don't even try and paint sensors without.

Thanks for the heads up chaps.

The sensors are brand new, never been painted.

I'll put on one coat first then see if a second coat is required. Will the top clear coat have to be done with the rings still in place or will this affect the ultrasonics on it?

I left the rings in mine til I had finished paint and clear but I did remove them inbetween costs once it had gone tacky.