OSF window regulator issue

A4CabJock

Reaction score
Hello gents and ladies

I am new to this forum, however will become a regular fixture as I love audi's (had a3, s3, q5 now a4 cab s-line) but have very little mechanical knowledge beyond the usual must know.

Anyway my post is a simple one : I need a new regulator for my A4Cab B6(05plate) can anyone advise if these are car/model specific as Audi VW state, they are around 175£inc delivery?

Also how hard is it to buy a regulator repair kit and assemble by myself??

Thanks for all help
Sparky the a4Jock

Crikey,
I bought 2 £25 front regs for my Avant off ebay 3 years ago & they're still going strong. They looked absolutely identical in every detail to the original broken Audi ones, & came with a 2 year warranty.

Audi have told me they are model specific however my local vagcom scrapyard says they are all the same from 02-10 on a4/s4 (saloon and cab)

I dont fancy paying 175£ for the part but window kinda needs to stay up.

Cheers dudes and dudettes

My A4 B6 quattro Avant one cost £15 new off ebay took about 1.5 hour to do £175 they are taking the p-ss.

Phil.

Saloon/avant window regulator will not fit the cabriolet as the later has a longer door...you can get repair kits for cabriolets off eBay but all I have fitted were poor quality and popped off after a while. Bought a genuine one and fitted it to missus a4 cab and it's as good as new 2.5 years down the line !