1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Options not offered in the UK

AlwaysBeenS3 Oct 4, 2020

1. AdamInKent

AdamInKent Member

I too would have preferred a more easily tailored set of options. On the other hand, in the U.K. we get satnav as standard, which other countries don’t. So it’s a case of swings and roundabouts.

NevMan likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

The 8v sport seats where not sport seats...the S-line 8y l seen on Friday had Alcantara sport seats in it the same you get in a S3

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

4. PaulWhitt82

PaulWhitt82 Registered User

Not read all the replies but on the packs the major reason was emissions legislation that required cars to have their emissions based on options

started in 2015 with different wheel sizes Impacting emissions - I know because my a6 black edition on a 64 plate was 2% lower in bik that my mates 2015 with exact same spec because the 64 plate was based on standard 18s and in 2015 they required to test on 20s

therefore to save costs and also improve speed to market of new models or facelifts packs where developed so options where packaged and so less emissions testing

Also allows them to charge you more as Merc have done this for years

however you go the other end of the scale with Porsche and the options are just too vast and who ever develops their configuration must have more rules based code than Apollo 13 as each option you choose has a consequence on other options and cost

5. PaulWhitt82

PaulWhitt82 Registered User

And Uk options will be based on previous uptake on the 8v by analyzing orders although roof rails is a strange emission as I see more sport backs with roof rails than without