Oil pick up pipe replacement

Foodjunky

Snicker king
Reaction score
Evening, I'm after some advice, I've been quoted £235 to have the oil pick up pipe replaced on my S3, that includes, the oil, filter, sump plug, pipe and seal and 2 hours labour. Does this price sound right to you guys??

Rip off to me do it yourself for a lot less the pickup pipe is about £25 and the sealant is about £10 and than oil and filter there are loads of guides on how to do it

Seems expensive to me aswell, but I did get a mate to do it, so beer money for labour!, was well under £100 including new oil filter and oil.

As above! Got the pipe from TPS for a tenner and was charged one hour labour.

I had Cambelt, damper, waterpump, aux belt, oil, filter, oil pickup, thermostat, housing etc all done inc parts for around £350. Done by my mate, so some discount, but at a franchised dealer.

A good local independent quoted me £225 I didn't think it sounded bad car would be on the ramps a while and it should include new bolts for that. I ended up doing mine myself purely as I had some free time but it isn't much fun on axle stands so I'd probably pay if I ever needed it again!