Oil filter location

Wilkinson

Geordie
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Planning to do an oil and filter change on my A3 2.0 tfsi Sportback. (2006) I've not worked on an Audi before. Where is the oil filter? Is it a spin on type? Do I have to take the undertray off? (I know about using the correct Audi oil).
Thanks for the info. Useful to know where to start looking once the car is up on the ramps.

I do not know about the petrol but the tdi - the oil filter is located on the right hand side of the engine block about half way down - more or less behind the throttle body

It is quite awkward to get at and remove - I use a chizel/screwdriver and hammer to slowly turn it open and then the rest by hand lol

You will have to take the under tray off to remove the sump bung!

Its an easy job about 6-8 torque heard screws I think they are T30 in size

Thanks for the info. Not as easy as a Ford then !!! Will give it a go shortly. Thanks again

its at the front of the engine, the 2.0TFSI uses a cartridge filter system.

A17-10268.jpg

oilfilter.jpg

Hi Robin,
Thanks for the updated info. with regard to the oil filter location on the A3 2.0 T FSI. Inpressive diagram. I'm assuming this is from the elsawin manual. I haven't got around to sorting one out yet - so another thing to do ( although I've heard some people have had problems with this).
How does it all fit together ? Is the screw thread on the filter body ( 8)? What's the red button (9)? Presume (10) is an O ring for sealing things.