Oil Filler Extension Piece

Sam Axon

Reaction score
Just fitted my TTS engine cover, one thing bugging me is the fact the extension piece is missing so you can't see my oil cap. Has anyone got a link or part number for the extension?
Thanks
Sam

Did you find a part code for this? It's annoying the hell out of me.

I'm not to sure if it's different between 2.0 TFSi engines, I have a BHZ. Also whether it may only be bought with the rocker cover.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

This is something that has been removed by force by the previous owner.
Whilst I would like to be wrong, I bet you have to buy the whole cover.

I found out it is part of the cover and can be removed as the resin used to bond it can crack and cause vacuum issues allowing air into the engine.
If it's been removed that's probably why.
The only solution I had to get one back on the car as to buy either a new rocker cover or buy a 2nd hand.
I even got my local TPS to get me a cover in to check the filler neck for part numbers but never had anything on it.
Its a pain for sure, the R8 oil cap isn't seeing much light!
@MWright

They are removed by people who don’t run an engine cover and so as I said above tools like pipe grips are used to break the resin bond.

I found out it is part of the cover and can be removed as the resin used to bond it can crack and cause vacuum issues allowing air into the engine.
If it's been removed that's probably why.
The only solution I had to get one back on the car as to buy either a new rocker cover or buy a 2nd hand.
I even got my local TPS to get me a cover in to check the filler neck for part numbers but never had anything on it.
Its a pain for sure, the R8 oil cap isn't seeing much light!
@MWright

I'll happily fit the R8 cap to my car :)

The R8 one looks cool and sticks up nearly level with the cover .