Oil Change Interval, 2.0 TDi??

RS_Cosworth

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me how often the engine oil is recommended to be changed in a 2.0 TDi please?? Thanks in advance :icon_thumright:

Every 10k miles or more often if you got a remap etc.

You're right...Fixed service intervals is 10k. On longlife I've been getting about 18k.

Anyone know the correct oil to use for a 2.0 TDi please?

5w 30, VW 504 00 / 507 00 fully synthetic.

And I wouldn't entertain longlife servicing.

Reactions: mikalo, Gazwould and Sayam
As said, longlife servicing is bu11sh1t... every 8-10,000 where 10,000 is absolute max you should go to. If you do less than that then once per year.

Quantum Longlife III is the best oil to use.

Reactions: mikalo, Gazwould and Jake 61
i do 15k on my audi a3 tdi sportback and its ok then i change oil and filter m8,take care

Oil and filter cheap , fix engine.... expensive .
hi pal.would i knacked my engine if i do 15k intervals to save cash on oil change filter change they say only do 10k at garage i go to,spend loads on it in 1 year already all front and rear brakes new pads calipers,discs all round amd 4 goodyear tyres and 400 quid full exhaust and both rear coil springs done has im keeping my a3 so moneys tight to change oil/filter every 10k at expensive costs local audi main dealers ,take care cheers for help m8

hi pal.would i knacked my engine if i do 15k intervals to save cash on oil change filter change they say only do 10k at garage i go to,spend loads on it in 1 year already all front and rear brakes new pads calipers,discs all round amd 4 goodyear tyres and 400 quid full exhaust and both rear coil springs done has im keeping my a3 so moneys tight to change oil/filter every 10k at expensive costs local audi main dealers ,take care cheers for help m8
you can do diy at a very cheap price, if lazy putting the car on jacks then a 15£ oil pump could do the job, got a bunch of mahle oil filters at 2.5£/piece at a reduced price in ECP and oil fairly cheap 20L jug at £50 on ebay, that will last me couple years

I used to do mine every 6000 miles or once a year ish.
Buy the oil in bulk and its cheap enough to do.

yeah in my case where on the BKD 2.0L TDI PD140 engine the sump is only 3.8L so depending on the mileage done changing oil 2-3 times a year something like 15k year so about every 5k miles or 200 motor hours, every oil change costs me bout £15 so not big of a deal considering my turbo whistling for the last 40k miles since i got the car, as previous owner done longlife service by looks of it but still ok doesnt smoke