Ohh dear...

RmcMills

Reaction score
Im sad to say this morning i killed the love of my life.
Travelling along a back road over a bump, came down with a crash. My first thought was 'arrr my sump' looked in the mirror, no smoke.
A second later looked again and there was clouds of white smoke, as soon as i looked back to the road. The wheels seemed to lock and the car swung violently to the left, i steered into it, held it on the road for a while before it spat me through the hedge/fence. Down a bank, front dug in and flipped the car lenghtways before rolling twice and coming to a rest on its feet.
Luckily with it being such a safe car the airbags all went off and i was able to kick the door open and walk out.
I fear if it had been any other car than an audi i wouldnt be here today, alas another S3 heads to the giant scrapyard in the sky....

88.jpg

Lik-1.jpg

Ll.jpg

Okn.jpg

Last edited:
:scared2: Sorry to hear the bad news...ANY :sign_pics:

HOLY ****, that is nasty, glad you are ok....the car did very good keeping you safe...

Last edited:
****** hell dude glad ur ok. You make a good job of it give you that!!!

You'd have hoped not, but im 6'2.
now with a rather stiff neck.

Bad luck fella, looks nasty, I'm surprised you wern't seriously injured considering your height, and whats left of the roof line. Shame, looked a really nice motor.

Gutted for you mate, Glad to hear your ok though!

You walked away?, looking at the car if i didnt know that id have said no chance! Glad your ok though, looks nasty.

Wow that looks really bad. First of all glad your ok. And sorry to hear about the car! But it can be replaced. Just had another look at the photo's suprised you were even able to get out of the car and walk away. The car f*cked! Sorry again mate, but at least your ok

Holy hell thats a serious crash, glad you're ok, how did you get out with just a stiff neck, seriously lucky.

Wow sorry to hear! so bad, youre lucky as s**t to walk from that! But very unlucky about the car. Hopefully youre fully comp! I wouldnt know what to do if i did that to my S3 :sadlike::sadlike:

Hope it gets replaced with another! Audi built quality is top stuff i have to say :)

Blinkin Hell that looks familiar,glad your okay......btw is the rear bumper damaged:whistle2:

you were very lucky rmcmills good to see the S3 looked after in that crash. like voohees :) you got a front bose speaker in that you wanna sell :ermm:

So do you know what happened? did the engine sieze? (however you spell it). Is the strut brace up for grabs?

And the vultures circle......

I am glad the Audi gods looked after you. I know after the GF crashed her car and the A3 looked after her, you would be hard pushed to get her out of an Audi now.

I hope the insurance pay out and that you are able to stay with us

Holy Sh!t! Absolutely sends shivers down my spine to read about these accidents and then to see the pics afterwoods. Glad to here you are ok though, and as mentioned by many, a car can be replaced, but a life can't.

Travelling along a back road

Not to sound ****** or anything but i keep seeing the same type of pics in this forum. I mean S3`s rolled in fields that look like they have been trashed at speed?

just wondering.

Glad it kept you safe and that your ok! Such a shame was such a tidy car and ya had only just finished some of the mods!

Btw are they porka brakes by any chance.......:whistle2: (we need a vultures smiley)

Also to add on a serious note, pictures like this really put me off FMIC's that crash bar is there for a reason!

Last edited:
Not to sound ****** or anything but i keep seeing the same type of pics in this forum. I mean S3`s rolled in fields that look like they have been trashed at speed?

just wondering.

Speaking as a member of three years I think I can recall about five of these and no serious injuries (touch wood) so given the amount of members we have on here its a good percentage.
oh and one of those involved my brother just a mile from where I live in his S3 http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=65208&highlight=bad

Flippin heck (excuse the pun) that looks bad, but as already mentioned above, glad you are ok and thats the main thing, a life is much more important than a car or any other materialistic item come to think of it ,however it is one thing that cannot be replaced, so count yourself VERY lucky.

Hopefully insurance will payout and you will be able to go and get yourself another S3 :)

Speaking as a member of three years I think I can recall about five of these and no serious injuries (touch wood) so given the amount of members we have on here its a good percentage.
oh and one of those involved my brother just a mile from where I live in his S3 http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=65208&highlight=bad

It just goes to show the A3/Golf/Ibiza platform is based on a bl**dy strong chassis and shell.

Unlike some of the biscuit tin Japanese and French hot-hatches!!

Cheers,

sooooooo was you traverling at speed or the "normal" speed. a car trashed like that would indicate high speed. Speaking as a driver for 18yrs and no crashes or scrapes, Speed / over the limit for the conditions are always a factor. :busted_cop:

2 cars, 2 fields and one clearly looks more trashed than the other. indicating speed difference?

pic1-1.jpg

Car2
pic2.jpg

Last edited:
sooooooo was you traverling at speed or the "normal" speed. a car trashed like that would indicate high speed. Speaking as a driver for 18yrs and no crashes or scrapes, Speed / over the limit for the conditions are always a factor. :busted_cop:

Very true, but I've seen cars end up like that from falling off a national speed limit road due to spillages on the surface etc. Speed isnt always to blaim (no matter what certain people..my bosses included say). There was a Mondeo the other week that had barrel rolled over a field much the same as this one... diesel was on the road,..car slid into the kirb at 60mph and launched itself. Poor road surface is another one, yumps etc. Car gets unbalanced and gets out of shape etc. Speed isnt the only cause of things like this.

I also dont think its fair expecting someone to incriminate themselves on an internet forum anyway. :ninja:

Good god thank god your ok after that I had a crash in a metro yes a metro and I ended up a lot worse than you and car looked about the same. Thank god I now own a audi

SH*T the bed some one was looking down on you mate that has to be one of the flatest roofs ive seen almost looks like an S3 speedster. Glad you came out of it ok though.

2 cars, 2 fields and one clearly looks more trashed than the other. indicating speed difference?

pic1-1.jpg

Car2
pic2.jpg

The reason for my car looking so different from the other one was due to the drop into the field from the road, as it left the road and into the field the nose of the car dug in and flipped the car. Hence the damage.
The reason for leaving the road is almost certainly the engine seizing as i travelled 300m down the road after yumping my sump, then on a straight bit of road everything locked up and spat me off. After the crash the engine was locked solid, wouldnt turn over :(.
Doesnt look like i'll be getting another s3 due to the hike in my insurance premium tho. :sorry:

Glad you are ok.
Your insurance may not be too bad, no other vehicle involved, if you have full no claims you should lose about 2 or 3 years worth, (assuming not protected)

As said above you can't assume speeds from damage to the cars unless they crashed in the same place. You could fall off the road at 10 mph, roll down a bank and have a car smashed to bits with the roof buckled in and all sorts. Likewise you could spin a car on the motorway at 80 and get away with a few buckled panels as you bounced off the barriers.

I'm honestly surprised you walked away from that, just shows how much protection cars offer these days!

BTW, did the Police attend? If so, what did they say?

Mate, do you like eating mice and have whiskers? Thats got to be one of your nine lives there!

People come off a lot worse than you did in lesser an accident, maybe a trip down Tescos to buy a lottery ticked, with that sort of luck your sure to be a winner.

Jesus chuffing christ! I think you've been very lucky there indeed, at least you're all okay. At the end of the day, it's only a bit of metal (a nice bit at that) and it can be replaced, unlike yourself.

Glad you are ok.
Your insurance may not be too bad, no other vehicle involved, if you have full no claims you should lose about 2 or 3 years worth, (assuming not protected)

Yeah they said i lose 2 years no claims, so back down to 1 it is then :(
It hasnt affected premuims as much as i thought.
Just got a quote on a 2.7tt S4 fully comp for £1500

is the rear bumper ok, if so intrested, same goes for side skirts and rear boot spoiler, honestly glad you ok
As for the parts guys the car is now int he hands of the insurance company, i will see how much i can buy it off them for and let you all know if or what is available!

From just looking at the pics you've posted I'm amazed you came out of it alive, let alone walked away from it!

Glad your ok & hope the insurance sort it out for you asap