Oem alarm issues...

Andyb5tdi

B5 1.9TDi AFN
Reaction score
When I got the car a couple of weeks ago, all was fine, then the remote on both key fobs stopped working, and since I've disconnected the battery while removing the head and reconnected it after to operate the central locking/ alarm, but it drains the battery very quickly now (checked earlier and the battery only had 2v.

Why would it be now draining the battery so quickly now? And can I disarm the alarm for now?

If you disconnected the battery the keys will need to be synced to the car.
It's a very easy process..
Press and hold unlock. Turn ignition on. When it shows the message ok release unlock and press lock.
Remove key from ignition and the buttons will work again..
As for the battery if it's draining that fast I'd assume the battery would need to be replaced..
Just guessing on this.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andyb5tdi
Thank you, will try another battery tomorrow, it looks like a very solid metal bar/plate that needs to be removed to get the battery out?

Thank you, will try another battery tomorrow, it looks like a very solid metal bar/plate that needs to be removed to get the battery out?

Sounds like it has a strut brace fitted, any pics of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like it has a strut brace fitted, any pics of it?

All A4's have a strut brace type metal plate that runs in front of the battery and no you don't have to remove it to get the battery out.

You will need a long Allen key to remove the clamp that's(looking at the battery from the front of the car) in the front of the battery, if you look down you will see a little handle thing sticking up at the bottom of that you will see a Allen bolt. Loosen the bolt so you can move it to the side, disconnect to leads and then manoeuvre the battery out. When you got it out you might aswell clean up under it and pull out the rubber drain if it's still in there.

Reactions: Andyb5tdi
And because you are leaning a long way the already heavy battery is extremely heavy.....
On the couple of occasions I've had to change mine I got wife to help !!

All A4's have a strut brace type metal plate that runs in front of the battery and no you don't have to remove it to get the battery out.

You will need a long Allen key to remove the clamp that's(looking at the battery from the front of the car) in the front of the battery, if you look down you will see a little handle thing sticking up at the bottom of that you will see a Allen bolt. Loosen the bolt so you can move it to the side, disconnect to leads and then manoeuvre the battery out. When you got it out you might aswell clean up under it and pull out the rubber drain if it's still in there.

It's a bar behind the metal plate, it connects to two brackets on the strut top mounting points, as I said not all have them.

This is what I thought he was on about.

Right in front of the battery. I would be interested I see the other brace he has fitted.

And because you are leaning a long way the already heavy battery is extremely heavy.....
On the couple of occasions I've had to change mine I got wife to help !!

Literally rolling lol. The car has been a sore subject, even before it arrived, I'm not sure asking for help with it would go down well! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

This is what I thought he was on about.View attachment 133130
Right in front of the battery. I would be interested I see the other brace he has fitted.

That's the one I think :yes:

Reactions: Welshquattro