OBDeleven/Coding

I recall seeing that already in the menu, will that just turn the DRL off?

I wonder if the OBD11 app is more relevant, but I feel both the suggestions are for DRL only and I need the headlight off.

Appreciate the help

View attachment 255035

Even if you turn ‘off’ the lights the DRL remain lit, turning them off in the MMI does mean off, they’ll come on in the next ignition cycle, but at least the option is there in the MMI once coded.

The DRL off / on option required enabling on my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried to do a few things via obdeleven such as ‘remember lane departure setting’ and ‘acoustic alarm on lock unlock’ but the app said that it wasn’t able to when I tried to change setting. Any idea why?

I recall seeing that already in the menu, will that just turn the DRL off?

I wonder if the OBD11 app is more relevant, but I feel both the suggestions are for DRL only and I need the headlight off.

Appreciate the help

View attachment 255035

I see what you mean now lol.

They are auto switched back on even if turned off.

I believe this behaviour is hard wired into the lighting channels for the Matrix.

I see what you mean now lol.

They are auto switched back on even if turned off.

I believe this behaviour is hard wired into the lighting channels for the Matrix.

Yeah, audi engineers think they know best for their consumers - not this time fritz, you didn't take into account security check points in dark hours!

Yeah, audi engineers think they know best for their consumers - not this time fritz, you didn't take into account security check points in dark hours!
There used to be an option to be able to turn everything off at speeds of 1-6mph i just had a quick look with OBD11, however it's useless for long coding so i'll need to test with VCDS and see if the channel is there.

I wouldn't say mega quiet, you can hear it some distance away, it's not a cobra remote beep you hear from 2 streets away thank god. hahaha

There’s a setting for it to use the cars horn instead.
Not sure if it’ll allow the change with a Alarm siren fitted but will test later.

Try this, re-uploaded

Same as mine, definitely less louder than what used to be on 8V. Unfortunately I haven't found any setting regarding the volume.

Tried to do a few things via obdeleven such as ‘remember lane departure setting’ and ‘acoustic alarm on lock unlock’ but the app said that it wasn’t able to when I tried to change setting. Any idea why?
Always remember to open your bonnet and turn ignition on before start OBD11, it’s a sort of physical security system to access some deeper level of coding.

Much appreciated

Tried the code that changes the light behaviour at 1-6 mph, doesn’t work on our cars.
c1fca74fb84d3a0fa583f2d2e35679ef.jpg

I’m guessing it’s based upon a speed signal like VIM is so will see if there’s a value that can be altered in one of the modules.

Reactions: Add_Profile
I haven't had the time this weekend yet, but I will try it unless someone already knows it doesn't work on the 8Y... it is 8V coding:

[snip]
I had a quick look at this yesterday with VCDS, and found the equivalent entries, but the module wouldn't accept them, presumably because the security code isn't the same on the 8Y (it didn't like it). Did you have any luck?

I had a quick look at this yesterday with VCDS, and found the equivalent entries, but the module wouldn't accept them, presumably because the security code isn't the same on the 8Y (it didn't like it). Did you have any luck?

SFD needs unlocking. Codes won’t be accepted in SFD protected modules.

Yes.
Unlock with OBD11

Also make sure bonnet is popped as that’s a firewall.
Yeah I popped the bonnet (just pulling the lever is enough right? Doesn't need to be more open than that?)

Time to price up OBD11 then maybe :)

Yeah I popped the bonnet (just pulling the lever is enough right? Doesn't need to be more open than that?)

Time to price up OBD11 then maybe :)

Yes just pop the lever it’s enough.

I only bought the OBD11 to unlock SFD.

I did this this with OBDeleven in the end.

One downside of the Scandinavian DRLs (as done by OBD11) seems to be that now I have the "side lights" icon in the dash display all the time. Makes sense that it's the car telling me I have my lights on to comply with my local "Scandinavian" laws I guess, but a bit annoying :)

Might take it back off and see if I can make it work with the coding via the adapatation channels in VCDS on the assumption that changing what lights light is different to setting a "you're a Scandinavian car" flag like I guess OBD11 is doing?

One downside of the Scandinavian DRLs (as done by OBD11) seems to be that now I have the "side lights" icon in the dash display all the time. Makes sense that it's the car telling me I have my lights on to comply with my local "Scandinavian" laws I guess, but a bit annoying :)

Might take it back off and see if I can make it work with the coding via the adapatation channels in VCDS on the assumption that changing what lights light is different to setting a "you're a Scandinavian car" flag like I guess OBD11 is doing?

Same happens when activated with VCDS.

Ah thanks, saves me the time trying it out (and the credits!)
I've got some coding to try in the Leutche lighting sets that may switch on the rears as DRL and won't bring on the green side light symbol....

I'll try it later and report back.

Ah thanks, saves me the time trying it out (and the credits!)
You don't have to use credits......just go into Adaptions (09)

Daytime running lights

Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht set to active to enable rears....

Make sure bonnet is popped.

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesOff
For who is looking to disable Start/Stop, we’re stuck with no solution via obd, but I can confirm there is a workarond!

5bf2c8ba2cb3dd96069107bbaa0c2faf.jpg

€ 22,81 | For Audi A3 8Y 2021 2020 Sportback Limousine Sedan Engine Start-Stop Canceller Switch Default Closer System Plug Cable

Less than 30€ shipped, easy to plug in and problem solved.

I know that some valve controller modules already got the same feature, but I can guarantee that this solution is really easier.

Hope this help somebody ;)

• Love
Reactions: Terminator x and Mastachaz
For who is looking to disable Start/Stop, we’re stuck with no solution via obd, but I can confirm there is a workarond!

5bf2c8ba2cb3dd96069107bbaa0c2faf.jpg

€ 22,81 | For Audi A3 8Y 2021 2020 Sportback Limousine Sedan Engine Start-Stop Canceller Switch Default Closer System Plug Cable

Less than 30€ shipped, easy to plug in and problem solved.

I know that some valve controller modules already got the same feature, but I can guarantee that this solution is really easier.

Hope this help somebody ;)
no problems ? all works fine ?

Literally 1 min install, hardest part is comfortly fit the harness. Then start the engine and disable the star/stop and you’re done

Reactions: Deleted member 160894
Literally 1 min install, hardest part is comfortly fit the harness. Then start the engine and disable the star/stop and you’re done
That's good to know. I've got one of these as well but not got my car to fit it on, so it's good that it works :icon thumright:

I finally got chance to play with VCDS and turned on 'remember last setting' for lane assist. Worth the cost of VCDS alone.
Is there anything else worth doing? I don't have ODB11 yet so can't do anything requiring SFD unlocking.
Also, the ASR Valve controller is here tomorrow so will be checking for codes after install too.

Reactions: Mike.46
I finally got chance to play with VCDS and turned on 'remember last setting' for lane assist. Worth the cost of VCDS alone.
Is there anything else worth doing? I don't have ODB11 yet so can't do anything requiring SFD unlocking.
Also, the ASR Valve controller is here tomorrow so will be checking for codes after install too.
Interested in your ASR thoughts :)

Interested in your ASR thoughts :)
I'll get some clips before and after, I've misplaced my go-pro so can't do any driving comparisons yet but will do when I find it.

anyone from London ? looking to deactivate few thinks and rear led on all the time

Reactions: RS03???