Not Audi related but SAAB files for bankruptcy protection.

Be surprised if such an established automotive house-hold name went bust but it would be a crying shame if it did.

Ive never owned a SAAB but have considered it a few times during my numerous car changes.

IMO, SAAB are a bit different, not sure why, maybe its the styling, but Ive always seen SAAB as a realistic VFM premium alternative to the 3 germans and Jag.
Maybe the uncertainty will make the 9-3 Turbo X a good buy in the near future...

Paul

Maybe if they do move from GM they will no longer be re badged Vauxhalls, surely not a bad thing!

Maybe if they do move from GM they will no longer be re badged Vauxhalls, surely not a bad thing!

Maybe PORSCHE should buy them.

SAABs own brand of cool and styling with access to the VAG parts bin and PORSCHE engineering excellence.

Gets my vote.

I think the fact that the 9-3 is based on a 2002 Vectra, and the 9-5 has been based on the same chassis since 1997 (12 years old!) is the route of their problems...

Regarding the 9-3 Turbo X, and the new Haldex system, personally I'd wait for it to filter in to the next generation VAG cars!