No aux or Bluetooth!

Please let me know if it works feva & I'll order one if it does. Thx.
Well Sherv arrived just now. Plugged in, connected. Works perfect. Phone rings thru car as well.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sherv
Hi guys, i have an audi 2007, with a concert radio. Recently had a roav viva for Xmas, but bluetooth won't link to the sound system. Any idea how i can get bluetooth in the radio. I've got no bluetooth, no aux and all I have in glove compartment is an old iPhone point. Can I connect that to something? Can that be changed to an aux somehow? Will the first transmitter work for me?? Why are audi radios so crap compared to others??
Thanks in advance

Hi guys, i have an audi 2007, with a concert radio. Recently had a roav viva for Xmas, but bluetooth won't link to the sound system. Any idea how i can get bluetooth in the radio. I've got no bluetooth, no aux and all I have in glove compartment is an old iPhone point. Can I connect that to something? Can that be changed to an aux somehow? Will the first transmitter work for me?? Why are audi radios so **** compared to others??
Thanks in advance

If your Audi is anything like mine any Bluetooth it does have will be only for phone calls. Without going into the myriad of expensive and complex ways to add proper Bluetooth to the car, the easiest way as detailed above is to buy an Bluetooth to FM transmitter. I don't think you'll easily be able to use the Roav Viva with that, but it will at least allow you to connect a device via Bluetooth and listen to some music by tuning in on the radio.

Hi guys, i have an audi 2007, with a concert radio. Recently had a roav viva for Xmas, but bluetooth won't link to the sound system. Any idea how i can get bluetooth in the radio. I've got no bluetooth, no aux and all I have in glove compartment is an old iPhone point. Can I connect that to something? Can that be changed to an aux somehow? Will the first transmitter work for me?? Why are audi radios so **** compared to others??
Thanks in advance

Firstly, in answer to your last question I have no idea. It really sucks that Audi were so far behind, and even offered the garbage Concert radios in their cars right up to the B8.5 facelift - so many used Black Editions out there with the poverty radio option, cheapskate original owners! And why on earth was this even an option, just like the horrible cloth seats - a crime which is still being committed.

Secondly, the other option which would mean you don't need to have a crummy FM transmitter is to install a Parrot kit or similar alternative. Even somewhere like Halfords can do that for you. Probably your least expensive decent quality option.

Firstly, in answer to your last question I have no idea. It really sucks that Audi were so far behind, and even offered the garbage Concert radios in their cars right up to the B8.5 facelift - so many used Black Editions out there with the poverty radio option, cheapskate original owners! And why on earth was this even an option, just like the horrible cloth seats - a crime which is still being committed.

Secondly, the other option which would mean you don't need to have a crummy FM transmitter is to install a Parrot kit or similar alternative. Even somewhere like Halfords can do that for you. Probably your least expensive decent quality option.

Great I'll look into that. Are there any other cheap radios that I could look for with all built in? Can anyone give me names? I've found this but don't really want to pay that much

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190105-085018.png
    Screenshot_20190105-085018.png
    686.4 KB · Views: 330
Great I'll look into that. Are there any other cheap radios that I could look for with all built in? Can anyone give me names? I've found this but don't really want to pay that much

Ah of course, if you have a B7 you can just replace the head unit, a no brainer. I couldn't comment on that one but tbh I would expect to pay at least that much.

I'm 1000% sure this has been brought up before but it's killing me.

My A4 B8 has no aux or Bluetooth option which is crazy. Has anyone found a way past this without having to spend around £200 as changing and burning CDs is getting rather annoying now haha?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just bought a device that plugs into your power socket and tunes into a free frequency on the FM channel of the radio,connect your device to it and everything then comes through the speakers,phone calls also,cost me £16.99 amazon and its called the Victsing T11 Bluetooth FM Transmitter,i must say i am quite impressed by it

Reactions: feva
just bought a device that plugs into your power socket and tunes into a free frequency on the FM channel of the radio,connect your device to it and everything then comes through the speakers,phone calls also,cost me £16.99 amazon and its called the Victsing T11 Bluetooth FM Transmitter,i must say i am quite impressed by it
I've got one of these also, agree completely it's brilliant

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Ye sorry I jumped into the middle of the convo without realising it was an A4 thread. My car is an A3 mind

Hello there…. I notice from your pic. You have the “CD/SD” button. I take it your A4 is quite an early 08 plate. Unfortunately you cannot add anything to these units connection wise. From about 58 plate onwards, the radio was upgraded and CD/SD button was changed to “media”. These can have AMI and Aux added.
With this upgrade, came the ability to read SDHC cards up to 32gb, your's can only read normal SD cards up to 2gb, This explains your other problems above.

I know this all too well, as I went through the same situation with my last A4 a few years ago, and there were no other options apart from buying a new head unit with the “media” button that could accept additional connections. This was around £200 including fitting for a brand new one from a Manchester based installer.

Hi mate me again.

Will I need this version then?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/123563551867

And is there anything else I will need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on an audi a4 59 plate audi concert radio. how hard is it to retrofit AMI and how much does it cost?

also when i click “Tel” (telephone) it says no phone connected. i’m assuming this means it doesn’t have bluetooth for phone calls?

on an audi a4 59 plate audi concert radio. how hard is it to retrofit AMI and how much does it cost?

also when i click “Tel” (telephone) it says no phone connected. i’m assuming this means it doesn’t have bluetooth for phone calls?

Its fairly straight forward to fit. The harness is around £45 from audi and comes with fitting instructions. The module itself depends on how much you can find one for on ebay. usually around £80. To do it properly you need to replace the glove box. I didnt bother with the glove box. I stripped the module out of the housing and bolted it on top of the glove box to save space.