NISSAN NAVARA PICKUP

stoakseya4

Reaction score
Just bought one, on an 03 plate with 34k miles, in silver.

Actually quite nice to drive, but it has awful 'bling' 22" polished chrome alloys. Might have to change them as they're a bit too much for me personally...

Needed the truck to help build my house, as the Avant was getting too dirty too frequently!

Why get an open back? wouldn't a nice transporter be better? can't get a 8x4 sheet on a navara

And a Trial bike on a trailer on the roof rack......

DSC00227.jpg

:faint: :)

this might be a silly question but how did you get the bike on the roof??

Forklift truck, had a few srange looks when i was driving home with it up there :ohmy: .

I see. I had a picture in my head of a very long set of ramps!

For larger deliveries such as 8'x4' sheets I would get them delivered...

Here ya go then:

[
Truck3.jpg
]

[
Truck2.jpg
]

[
Truck1.jpg
]

Big pimpin, my mate might be intrested in some big wheels for his navarra he has the standard nissan 17's on his.

hi, i went to test drive a navara yesterday, the 3.0 import version. it was really really nice looking, but was very dissapointed with the drive and performance of it. i know its a heavy vehicle but it seemed very underpowered like there was something wrong with it.

i had the bank draft made out to the guy was there to buy it, but didnt end up getting it, buying a mitsubishi animal l200 instead on wednesday...

anyway, what is yours like to drive? does it respond well when u put your foot down (this one that i went to see didnt move at all!!!)?

I've driven my mates work pick up which is a navarra 2.5td. It drives like a car i was well impressed, and plenty of grunt too.

To be honest it aint bad at all. It is definitely a big vehicle, which I notice most when either pulling away from stand still, or when driving at any motorway speeds.

But it's well geared so it picks up nicely. No real flat spots, just lots of torque from about 1000-1300 revs through to about 4000. Haven't used it for any large loads as yet but is well handy for the smaller/dirty stuff like bads of mulch, cement, and general stuff, tools, hosepipes, etc etc.

Just got it serviced and MoT'd. What a hassle that was. When I bought the truck I didn't even think about making sure I had the locking wheel nut - you guessed it, there wasn't one!! So had to get it to a garage for them to weld something on and force them off! £40 later we were ok. Needed them off as I needed a new tyre for the MoT = £80 part worn, or £150 new.

Still thinking about changing the wheels, but dont really want to spend too much money on the truck as I'll only have it for 6 months or so.

Anyone interested in buying it end of the summer, gimme a shout !

I did 60k of mostly motorway in a '52 L200 Animal, a neighbour had the Navara, I like them both - got a better deal on the Animal at the time, but dont think I would have been disappointed in either one! (nb the animal drives much better on road than the other L200s, as the animal has a limited slip diff which the others didnt - subtle difference to drive but definately there). Theyre Dead useful (as long as your stuff isnt too long) and the kids absolutely loved it.. It was superb from day one, especially after the remap. Fuel economy not great, averaged 24mpg, could hit 30 on a run but thats about it.

Every tw4t in a discovery tries to prove that their 4x4 is better than your 4x4 though, whichever your drive!

Hope you enjoy it!

It was done through the Mitsubishi Dealer as their official power upgrade, a few months after purchase. It was the only one my boss would let me have as it was a co. car.. took it to about 145 as I recall though I dont remember exactly, a useful step up from the standard though, on both bhp and torque figures - and just like the AMD map I had on my a4 it made it much more driveable, smoother, far more pleasant, as well as quicker! It was pricey though, think it was over 600 - Im sure there are better deals outside the dealer network..

Ok guys, that time has arisen. The Beast is for sale.

Looking for c£7,500.

Anyine interested, PM me.