Nightmare with co-op insurance!!

Mod29

Reaction score
So ive recently bought an a3 2.0 tfsi. Ringing around i soon found it was a pretty expencive car to insure. I phoned my prevous insurance company (adrianflux) that quoted me £800 best price. So back on the net i get a quote from co-op at £670. Boom! Rang up set the policy going all fine and well. They sent an email asking for my ncb proof. So i sent back my renewal letter from my previous policy that was on my other car before i bought the audi.. The response was " sorry that doesnt meet our criteria" so sent another this time with ALL my details from the expired policy. Name address ncb date of expirey and the car details... "Sorry that doesnt meet our critera" then i get a letter saying they are going to cancel the policy in 5 days if i dont sent the ncb!! Wft do they want! Ive contacted adrianflux and asked for them to send me proof of ncb but this seems to be ignored. I dont know what else to do! All the other quotes im getting a way over what ive payed.

Id managed to pester my old company for the confirmation email, they needed proof from them that the policy was no longer active even though i already sent that with my renewal letter. Just being fussy i guess

My insurer asked me for proof of ncd after a 2 year break (no car).
I had paid for my policy and declared the 9+ year ncd when they contacted me for the proof.
I had my insurance with them so they should have had the proof but they could only find proof of 6 years ncd and i had to pay extra.
How strange is that and after 41 years of driving with no claims at all.

Its very odd they could "only find 6 yeads ncb" they dont just slowly disintergrate over time lol! I read that your ncb arent valid after 2 years or maybe more of not driving that maybe why theyve deducted so many from you, either way its bull**** i hate insurance its a pain in the **** every year it comes around, prices never seems to drop because of my postcode but half a mile down the road its £300 cheaper!