1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Next Gen 2021 Audi A3 Sedan Debut

VWNCC Apr 21, 2020

1. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter

Agreed ... the blue does look good, but that is gonna mean loads of people spec it so it will become the new ibis white lol.

Chris4410 likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

My car has not a lot technology to speak of barring the virtual cockpit....to be honest coming from pfl S3 to a Fl S3 it was a must have option not only to justify the change but also for selling it when the time comes

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

pburv and Jcbmally like this.
  4. Snake Pliskin

The analogue dials are really old hat now aren't they. This was a must have for next car although I think the majority of cars around the S3 level have them as standard now.

The low spec screen in the new A3 looks a bit small but I guess no different to the smaller screens in the Merc models too. I bet the cost difference is minimal (to Audi) but it justifies a more premium spec in the models higher up in the range.

pburv and Jcbmally like this.
  5. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Registered User

I prefer the analogue dials and also not a fan of touchscreens.....give me tactile switches anytime over prodding a touchscreen to find a simple function, plus I can keep my eyes on the road whilst I press a switch or turn a dial

pburv, josul, Jcbmally and 2 others like this.
  6. KenL

KenL Registered User

Absolutely agree. Don’t want to look at electronic dial and touchscreens are a safety hazard.

7. Trev241

Trev241 Registered User

Probably worse than using phone whilst driving.

Bryant1998 likes this.
  8. Snake Pliskin

That is where voice commands come in useful :icon thumright:

KenL and Jcbmally like this.
  9. Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze Registered User

Voice command eh very posh :grinning:

Snake Pliskin likes this.
  10. Snake Pliskin

Ha ha ... I’ve never bothered before the Merc, but it’s insanely accurate & is useful for things which are within sub menus etc.
    I even use it to change the air con temp lol :tearsofjoy:

pburv and Mr Freeze like this.
  11. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Av had voice commands for decades...works with a full range of people...lol.....

Jimbob76, pburv and Snake Pliskin like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. terminator x

terminator x Registered User

Dare I say it the BM is very good too ;) never bothered with the RS3 or 4 as both useless.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

pburv and Snake Pliskin like this.
  14. Chris4410

Chris4410 Registered User

I found it very accurate in the A35 as well, could even turn the heated seats on and off with it.

15. Snake Pliskin

It will even search for & put a radio station on ... great for when @jassyo06 wants to put on Heart 80’s :)

16. S3LOK

S3LOK Registered User

I wish Audi did a similar Voice command system to Mercedes and BMW "Hey"

Snake Pliskin likes this.
  17. Mr Freeze

I listen to heart 80s and absolute 80s all the time:grimacing: my kids go mad at me for it . Think i'am confirming i'am old :laughing:

18. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

I dont listen to any radio stations....mate but l do have 100's of mid 80"s to mid 90's songs on my spotify playlists....Johnny Hates Jazz,Mr Mister,Go West,ABC,Climie Fisher,Michael Bolton lol etc etc....even a bit of Celine...chuckle

pburv, Andy F and Snake Pliskin like this.
  19. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Vast improvement with the Mk8 GTI looks great externally mmi seems to be a backwards step

pburv likes this.
  20. Mr Freeze

The new shape golf is starting to grow on me seen a few on the roads now .

Looking forward to seeing the Golf R

pburv, jassyo06 and PeteRS3lee like this.
  21. KenL

KenL Registered User

I'd rather have a GTi than a Golf R myself.

jassyo06 likes this.
  22. PeteRS3lee

PeteRS3lee Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Those fog lights /daytime running lights whatever they are meant to be, are hideous reminds me of a Hyundai or something from a few years ago
    but at least it hides the fake plastic vents
    exhaust tips, finally no fakery at the rear

23. KenL

KenL Registered User

I like the DRLs, don't like the dynamic indicators though.
    Too much design effort put into lights these days.

Bryant1998, Simon1972 and PeteRS3lee like this.
  24. PeteRS3lee

also this guy needs to get out of the eighties
    Tom, lose the mike, u numpty

pburv likes this.
  25. Simon1972

Simon1972 Registered User

Yeah, couldn't agree more. Dynamic indicators are now on trucks and busses. Soooo last year

KenL likes this.
  26. Chris4410

Looks good, but I don’t think it suits that colour. I would like to see one in the metal.

27. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Went and seen the new A3 today....interior was as dull as dish water, looks slightly ungainly at the front from a certain angle,headlights are far larger...as they enter in to the nose more than 8v fl ....the dealership l visited are expecting the S3 on site come November....Turbo looks guff on the new A3 in my opinion and nothing like Voodoo blue at all ...except it's got blue in its name the Mrs said Turbo blue was cheap looking,also visited a BMW dealership ie my son's....new 1 and 2 series look really good as did the Alcantara sport seats in the 135iM,really like the Z4 though looks stunning in Misano Blue,roll on November then I'll make my mind up what car I'll be buying next [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

S3LOK, Chris4410, pburv and 3 others like this.
  28. KenL

KenL Registered User

I really like the look of the latest BMWs.

pburv and jassyo06 like this.
  29. BarryG79

BarryG79 Registered User

Fingers crossed this isn’t going to be a common fault with the new A3![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassyo06 and pburv like this.
  30. pburv

pburv Registered User

Phat! fingers lol:stupid:

jassyo06, BarryG79 and KenL like this.
  31. PeteRS3lee

Doubles up for another cup holder
    Lol

32. S3LOK

S3LOK Registered User

Have you got any pictures of the back of the black 2Series?

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Yup 245 bhp is more than enough and really like the car in the video even the DRL's...it's the MMI that l dont like

KenL and pburv like this.
  35. Chris4410

Im heading up to test drive the M135i and an M2 competition in a couple of weeks, I really love the exterior or the M2 but love the interior of the M135i. I am very likely to buy one of them if they deal is right, but at the minute I have no idea which will win me over.

KenL likes this.
  36. Snake Pliskin

Golf GTi does like a nice car but I also hate the DRL’s (they are just too much) and the mmi screen and tech in general looks poor.

Seeing turbo blue next to the BM blue, it does look washed out. BM looks good but not sure on that snouty grille.

The 2 series looks ok but it’s not doing anything for me if I’m honest.

M2 on the other hand is a stunning car :icon thumright:

KenL and jassyo06 like this.
  37. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

The interior of the 135iM is light years in front of the M2 comp mate but the M2 competition is still a looker though they had one in Long beach blue,l really enjoyed the test drive l had in the 135iM the diamond/gloss black alloys plus the Alcantara/Blue embroidered sport seats look far better than the optional leather seats to my eyes anyway....l aint a fan of BMW's standard leather on their seats in the 1/2 series,the leather seats in the S-Line A3 are Faux leather not genuine leather may l add

A nicely optioned 135iM would be my choice as a car that you can have a lot of fun in and is fast and also great as a daily driver in all weather conditions,but as a Driveway Queen with not a lot of use and uber Kudos the M2 is the car for you.....135iM sounds better lol WLTP regs have ruined the M2 competiton

pburv likes this.
  38. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

l did but they didnt turn out right, Murdered out look really suited its shape and it was a 218i so even in this guise it looked great them gorgeous alloys really set the car off as well....BMW are way ahead of Audi in this department

pburv and S3LOK like this.
  39. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

The new A3 also has a SNOUT POUT mate.....stand around 45 degrees off centre of the car....and it looks ungainly.....Pooh faced....as they would say.....What l did like about the exterior of the A3 was the Matte Aluminum on the window surrounds and on the lower door sills,the car pictured above had the optional Matrix lights fitted to it standard everywhere else it's sill early days as far as the new A3 is concerned

pburv likes this.
  40. Chris4410

I can't help thinking due to the constant regulations ruining cars the M2 competition could be the last of the great BMW 6 cylinder engines.

I know the technology in the M2 is way behind that of the M135i, if they were the same internally the M2 would be perfect and the latter wouldn't even be a choice.

Ironically this whole situation is what has made the M2 an option for me, no longer will I be driving to and from an office every week day, this will be a 2 day thing at most and even that situation is months away.

The exhaust sound is fixable with a remus back box, this is something I would probably install after the M running in service was done.

41. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Yes they are and they are also cheap looking in their formation with the dot matrix clearly visible whilst in use, they're design is also low rent akin to flashing led lights you'd put on a Xmas Tree....Matrix lights on an Audi use a Flube Design with virtually no dot matric visible and are Amazing things to drive with on...They even do a little dance on start up pure class....would'nt buy a car without them now

pburv likes this.
  42. Snake Pliskin

Hmm that sounds like it could be quite cool ... shiny chrome I’m not a fan of but Matt chrome could look slick, would look good with Daytona.

I do like the BM and they do turn my head on the road. There’s a 1 series in blue where I live and it does look good. I think I could live with the nose, it’s just on the limit though.

is it the 4 series nose which is mad ?

pburv likes this.
  43. Snake Pliskin

Agree with you mate ... M2 could be a keeper & part of a dying breed !