newby vag com

heliflyer

Reaction score
Hi only recently bought vag com jst plugged into sons a3 and changed his locking via tick boxes in number 4, so thought id change mine a3 sline q and no tick boxes in 4 just as below pick i believe values can be changed in 3 but how do i know what coding is what below is a screen shot of what i,m talking about but this is not from my car just a pic thanks for any advice Ian
lcode1.png

thanks for the reply is it possible for me to copy and paste my own screen so people can see my readings better cheers Ian

There is a bug in vcds with 46 on the 8P with certain revisions of this module, I've reported it in January 09 & so far no fix even though told them new releases & betas havnt resolved, even the new v9 hasnt resolved, basically the 1st read of long coding 46 shows the info besides the tick boxes then any subsequent read of long coding removes the info for the tick boxes, so you dont know what you're coding, useless I know, reinstall vcds & it comes back & stays as long as you read a module in 46 that has the part number with a letter on end as the faulting module is the original one with no letter at end.

What version are you running of vcds & where'd you buy your lead?

Hi sorry i didnt reply been away for a few days, thanks for that makes more sense now i bought vcds from mi-uk.com disc version 805 then i downloaded the latest version from ross tech 805.3 thought there must be something in software as mattandrew recoded a couple of bits for me before i bought mine cheers Ian

did as NHN said removed software and reinstalled direct from ross tech site 805.3 and alls well now so the glitch in my first install 805-805.3 didnt work right now everythings as it should be thanks again to NHN sorry dont know your name cheers Ian

No worries, but be aware if you then use vcds on another car or same one wth the older convenience module it will occur again & require a reinstall as already done, but as long as you dont logon to that said module version it should be good, I am reporting to RT about the new V9 also hasnt resolved this issue as yet.

The reason it isn't fixed is because none of us has been able to reproduce the problem, and it isn't for lack of trying either -- I personally own an A3 2.0T that we've tried to make this happen on.

Those of you who experience this problem, please e-mail me directly: Uwe[at]Ross-Tech.com

The first thing I'm going to need is a complete auto-scan from the cars that cause this. Also, as many details regarding your PC as possible. Make, Model, CPU, RAM, version of Windows, etc. Lastly, the next time it breaks, please do your new installation in a different folder. Rename the old folder first, from VCDS to VCDS-NFG or something like that. Then take a look at what's different between that and a fresh install, or, zip up the entire folder with the broken installation and send it my way. But keep the broken one in any case, so if we still can't make it happen here we can at least give you some things to fiddle with in the broken one in an attempt to isolate the cause.

Anyway, please e-mail me. Don't PM me. I haven't had much time to spend in forums lately and tend to miss PMs even when I do.

-Uwe-

Uwe not being funny mate but talk to Sebastian, he has full scans from me from before & after, I sent him loads of info, including the full vcds folders before & after & it only happens on certain version of module, namely the original module with no letter after it, Sebastian has had everything since January, this is whats annoying about it.

Not being funny either, but it would appear that whatever you sent Sebastian wasn't sufficient to be able to figure this out, and I don't want to play whisper down the lane with old data. Since it seems this is bothering you enough to rant at some of my other guys via PM, it seems to me that it would be best to start fresh.

-Uwe-

I will PM my responce so as to not cause anymore animosity on this thread, I think you'd agree from my PM I have been more than fair & it wasnt a rant without an unjustified & fair point of view about this situation, please dont just view your colleagues opinions without also hearing your customers.