vag com.

spencerdale

Reaction score
hi, im trying to sort out my vag com and it says i need to register, i have the 409.1 version but only have the seriel number but i need a long or short code or somethin, can someone help.??? cheers

First of all, you can no longer get registrations for 409. We replaced replaced 409 with VCDSLite. You can download it for free just like you did 409.1 unless of course you have a copy that was distributed from one of the eBay sellers who illegally copy and distribute the program on CD.

If you want to buy a full license, then you need to go to the Ross-Tech website, submit your serial number from the shareware version of VCDSLite, pay the $99 fee, and you will receive the registration information via email. The email will contain a file and instructions of what you do with that file.

hi, i was given vag com wih the car.. i think it was an ebay job. ive just downloaded the vcds lite software, all i want to do is reprogramme my key. do i have to buy the $99 version? cheers

define re-program please? I'm not sure what it is you mean. Do you have a new key you are trying to match to the car? If so, better tell us what year car because most 2003 and newer need a PIN code/SKC number which you cannot get with VAG-COM or VCDS. You would need another tool to get that information - maybe...... In any case, the shareware version of the software does not code keys. Perhaps, some time spent reading the VCDSLite manual would give you a better sense of what you can do with the tool you have. A feature comparison between the full licensed tool and the shareware tool is also available.

If you're interested in the genuine cable at anytime, please PM me as I sell these.