1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Newbie saying hi

STmichael Jan 24, 2021

1. STmichael

STmichael New Member

Hello,
    Just introducing myself as I have just signed up for an Edition 1 over the weekend. I’ve ordered a 35 TFSI s-tronic sportback in Mythos black. Options I’ve picked are comfort and sound pack, sunroof and rear air bags. I am just waiting for the dealer to come back to me with a build date but it is looking like May time.
    I currently drive a golf GTD and will totally miss it when the lease is up.
    I always join a forum for the car I drive as they can be invaluable for advice and general chitchat so hopefully I will get involved over the coming months then for 3 tears after I take delivery.
    One quick question. I have read/seen conflicting information (even from different dealers) that the car has the 48V mild hybrid system. Does it have this system or not?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Jcbmally likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. pburv

pburv Registered User

Sorry can't answer your question but welcome to the forum:icon thumright:

4. auzzam_crd

auzzam_crd Active Member

Welcome bud and congrats on placing your order.

Really nice spec you've gone for and yes our cars do have mhev under the driver seat.

If you want to find out everything there is to know about the cars, check out my ever evolving channel dedicated largely to the 8y. Lots of feature and demo info.

Hope you subscribe :)

Https://YouTube.com/c/crdchannel

Any questions give me a shout.

Auzzam (CRD on YouTube)

5. STmichael

STmichael New Member

Thanks Auzzam. I’ve watched all your youtube videos while deciding which car to choose next and they have certainly helped with my decision. Do you fancy doing a clip on the hybrid system?

Cheers

6. martinrs

martinrs Member

Welcome to the forum!

7. KXL

KXL Member

I'm under the impression that no MHEV on manual and diesels.
    And they come standard with 35TFSI DSG?
    The part I'm unsure is do all DSG petrols have MHEV (including 30 TFSI) mpg numbers seem to noticeably better compared to manual counterparts (at least for the 1.0).

8. auzzam_crd

auzzam_crd Active Member

thanks buddy,

I would love to - once I figure out the best way to demonstrate / explain it LOL

There are animations on YouTube, but I still do not feel like it explains it well enough.

9. STmichael

STmichael New Member

I agree. Nothing like a real world demonstration!

10. Ludus

Ludus Member

Just ordered my S line, been told June at the earliest :sob: