Newbie question regarding alloys

Dave Hair

Reaction score
As the title states im a newbie to Audi and i was wondering if i could get a little advice,
I currently have these alloys on my car,

And i wish to change to these ones,

Can it be done?

I have noticed ebay selling replica ones for around £400, has anyone got a set and if so are they happy with them. Also the replica ones i can get in 18'' or 19'' so a little guidence on size would be good also.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• fa4a0c29b83e43faacf5536053d90ec8.jpeg
    fa4a0c29b83e43faacf5536053d90ec8.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC04359.jpg
    DSC04359.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 587
Stick with genuine wheels, replicas are soft and will buckle easy.

thanks for your reply, presumably they will only buckle easily if i was to kerb the alloy? or hit something with force?

Heres my car also,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 521
Reactions: Jassyo06
Hi Dave,replica wheels would do the job but why spend that dosh on a car then put them on it,the best bet is be patient mate,surf the net for OEM wheels and see what you can get,l for one will be replacing 2015 S3 18" wheels/tyres in the next 2 months for OEM 19"s Saloon alloys,so they will be up for sale

Reactions: Rob2k68 and T-800
Plenty of people have replicas although yes there not as strong as oems I don't see anybody I know who have had issues with 18s

Hi @jassyo06 what sort of $ have you been quoted ? I'm after the 19" version of the standard S3 alloy wheels.

I've ran replicas for 34k miles and no issue with them at all. For the money, you can't go wrong. Sure, OE are better quality - but 4x better as the price suggests??

Reactions: gamegenie and Yolo_8p3
Ouch !!! That's serious wedge !

Think I'll have to wait for a low mileage set to appear on eBay or on here.

Ouch !!! That's serious wedge !

Think I'll have to wait for a low mileage set to appear on eBay or on here.

Hi Rob that price is a estimate,my son will get a final price this week, at cost with a 10% discount but don't see it moving much from the £2k Mark,but will sell the 18+tyres to offset the dunt maybe £200 a corner?

Reactions: Rob2k68
if oe alloys are so much better why do you think BMW have lots of problems with alloys cracking and buckling very easy ?